Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Curse your timing, EA!

I have to admit I have in the past wondered at EA timing! :roll:

However for this event things have been good for me - even thou I live in the UK.

I was aware of the update within minutes of it starting and lucky had most of the Characters free - because of the railyard task. I was thus able to make a good start before setting my overnight tasks. 8:00am is also O.K for me to start Act 2 - as I do not tend to get to work until 9am.

I appreciate that this is not a good time for everyone - but is there ever going to be a good time?
  • It's a matter of perspective. The opposite viewpoint is that because of the timezones, you get to take advantage of grinding up to the last possible moment where those in North America are unable to. You miss out on the front end or the back end. But you still play in the same overall time window everyone else does.
  • well remember that at 8am GMT US people would be sleeping so they don't have that much advantage...
  • 74hands wrote:
    So Act II starts tomorrow, or in my case, at 0800 GMT - 30 minutes after I leave home for work. Which means I will miss the first ten hours of Act II, time I will not be able to recover. :evil:

This, after the event itself started here in the UK after 2100, and after I had already set overnight tasks for all my PC, again losing hours of time.

So curse you EA for your rotten timing, a view many of my European friends will doubtless echo.

Are you stating that you didn't get the final prize of act one?

And you didn't because of a ten hour delay due to your time zone?
  • Im wondering if i will get the last prize. Still need 9000 chips... And will be leave 2 hours before the end for work.. :cry:
  • Considering, this game is played all over the world, if they were to change the time to help you, then other countries would be affected. This game originates from the U.S., so, their times coincide with the U.S.'s time frame. I don't think EA wants to have a bunch of different times to start act 2.
  • Their timing is actually better for people in Europe imho...in North America everything always starts at midnight (or 1am, 2am depending on your timezone). So having it start in your morning is ideal imho, all you need to do is take a 5minute bathroom break at work and get all your tasks going, no big deal....in North America we're sleeping so we always miss the first 8hours or so.
  • MonsterMazh wrote:
    I have to admit I have in the past wondered at EA timing! :roll:

However for this event things have been good for me - even thou I live in the UK.

I was aware of the update within minutes of it starting and lucky had most of the Characters free - because of the railyard task. I was thus able to make a good start before setting my overnight tasks. 8:00am is also O.K for me to start Act 2 - as I do not tend to get to work until 9am.

I appreciate that this is not a good time for everyone - but is there ever going to be a good time?

There will never be a good time. Somebody will always be asleep, somebody will always be awake, somebody will always be in class, somebody will always be at work, somewhere out there.
  • Extremerobin wrote:
    It's a matter of perspective. The opposite viewpoint is that because of the timezones, you get to take advantage of grinding up to the last possible moment where those in North America are unable to. You miss out on the front end or the back end. But you still play in the same overall time window everyone else does.

Not everybody will be free to play when the event goes live, but all the freemium prizes are obtainable with moderate amounts of activity, with some time to spare.
  • Everyone both wins & loses at this.

US - updates happen during the day, but Event Acts reset at midnight.
    Europe - Event Acts reset at 8am, but updates happen in late evening.
    Asia/Australia - Event Acts reset in evening (7pm locally for me!!), but updates happen overnight.

Swings and roundabouts, really.