Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Does size matter?

This question sounds so dirty.
  • delegg629524 wrote:
    So what is the difference in device screen size? And your town square looks fine! I also like to put the sidewalks checkerboard style because it confuses the characters when I send them on tasks. Hilarious!

LOL. Yeah, I like being able to round 'em all up for quick collection. My main town isn't quite so convenient to collect in.

Okay, I just looked it up ...

The Samsung Galaxy 3 is a 4.8" screen. Resolution 720x1280

The Nexus 7 is a 7" screen, Resolution is 1920x1200

So I don't know if that helps, but it sure confuses the heck out of ME. I just wanted sharp images (high resolution)
  • annettemarc wrote:
    delegg629524 wrote:
    So what is the difference in device screen size? And your town square looks fine! I also like to put the sidewalks checkerboard style because it confuses the characters when I send them on tasks. Hilarious!

LOL. Yeah, I like being able to round 'em all up for quick collection. My main town isn't quite so convenient to collect in.

Okay, I just looked it up ...

The Samsung Galaxy 3 is a 4.8" screen. Resolution 720x1280

The Nexus 7 is a 7" screen, Resolution is 1920x1200

So I don't know if that helps, but it sure confuses the heck out of ME. I just wanted sharp images (high resolution)
    So the bigger cheap phone I'm considering has about half eithers res. So who's confused now?!! Did I mention the phone is $60?
  • delegg629524 wrote:
    So the bigger cheap phone I'm considering has about half eithers res. So who's confused now?!! Did I mention the phone is $60?

I love that. $60 is amazing. :)
  • Deadshot_DCU wrote:
    Once you go iPad, you never go back
    I've known about the iPad since its unveiling on SNL. I will consider getting one when they make a belt-mounted holster for it. By the way, did I mention my $60 budget?
  • delegg629524 wrote:
    Deadshot_DCU wrote:
    I've known about the iPad since its unveiling on SNL. I will consider getting one when they make a belt-mounted holster for it. By the way, did I mention my $60 budget?

they probably will make one when these come out
    http://wondrouspics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/iphone5-iphone-funny-obi-wan-kenobi-sword-samsung-galaxy-s-star-wars.jpg
  • annettemarc wrote:
    maximbarne126 wrote:
    00-marco_rosas wrote:
    This question sounds so dirty.

I know! :lol:

(Thread has had 168 views already, and it's less than one hour. Guess size is a big issue around here.) :)

LOL! I guess it is!
  • Oh Honey... Size ALWAYS matters!

Seriously: I tried playing the game on my old iPod Touch (Generation 2) as a more portable solution than dragging around my Nexus 7 or the borrowed iPad I've been using and found it impossible.

The iPad and Nexus show about the same amount of Springfield on the screen but the Nexus is slightly wider and shorter. It also looks like the buildings are larger on the iPad, but that may just be my imagination.

If you're basing your next phone purchase around game playing: get the biggest device you can afford (and will fit in your pocket/holster).
  • Deadshot_DCU wrote:

This.

I had no idea the graphics in this game had such detail until the first time I played it on a big screen. It felt like a new game. I couldn't believe how long I'd been playing on my phone.

So yes, size matters.