Forum Discussion

10 years ago

EA purposely took the game offline today

The Simpsons are my Family :D Merry Christmas!!
  • Last night when I had trouble logging in, someone had posted suggesting logging in over data instead of wifi (if you're using a cell phone). That seemed to do the trick for me, as I haven't had any major problem logging in since. Hope this might work for others!
  • My guess is there will be 20 threads, including the MANY started already about the connection problem that has been occurring the last couple of days.

My experience is that my not able to connect doesn't last for long. iPhone 5s here.

Edit: spelling

Edit: want results? Post where EA does read: help.ea.com
  • I can log in and play both my towns on a borrowed iPad 2. I'm still kicked out occasionally though (but not much more often than usual).

On my Nexus 7 I can log in (usually after several attempts) but I get kicked out within minutes. I can tap 3 or 4 buildings and then...
  • illislune wrote:
    Last night when I had trouble logging in, someone had posted suggesting logging in over data instead of wifi (if you're using a cell phone). That seemed to do the trick for me, as I haven't had any major problem logging in since. Hope this might work for others!

I've been on nothing but 4G...doesn't matter.
  • Over 12 hours now, getting so frustrated :( and I have no data left, let's just hope it works tomorrow.