Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Farming

Housefarming is a common technique for new players, go for it. When you are level 40+ you won't need them anymore because your 1000000 characters and 100000% multiplier will be enough.

Although I prefer blue houses, whites force you to collect twice a day without a break, and eventually the timer shifts and you lose a turn. With blues you can collect 2 times basically whenever you want.
  • When I was house farming I had around 400 blue houses.

Just to throw out some #s, that 770,000 you would pay for 100 white houses will buy 427 blue houses@1800 each.
    Blue houses earn $150 every 8 hours, but to compare them to the white houses, lets say you check them every 12 hours, and lets round it down a little to 400 houses.

so checking every 12 hours (to compare to the white houses) that would be 60,000 every 12 hors or 120,000 a day. 3 times as much as you would make with the white houses.

Yes, 400 houses is a lot to tap, you could always cut that down to around 133 blue houses(150 per tap) to have the equal income of 100 white houses (200 per tap) every 12 hours, and only have to spend about 240,000 initially to make the same income. And if there are days you can get in 3 taps(every 8 hours) instead of 2 (every 12) that's extra money.

And as fuffazzoni said, they won't be a permanent fixture in your town, when you get higher level, you will find you won't need the farm any more to sustain your town.
  • Guys for an fyi I am level 47 and a freemium player. My rule of thumb is earn 150 donuts then every 15 after buy homer Buddha. Since i bought witch marge(I regret that now) I am under 150 the farming is because i want the big buildings and the rest of the land. Plus the Christmas update may require me to redo my springfield again. I have less than 50 characters and less than 10 npc's (i think). the squeaky teen and witch marge are my only premium items. But with 400 blue houses @ 1800 = 720,000 cost. 150 every tap daily(24 hrs / 3 taps) = 180,000 a day, for a month 5,400,000 and with the weak booster of 19% that's another 1,026,000 monthly that's 6,426,000 you guys were right about the blue houses.
  • knighthunt438 wrote:
    Guys for an fyi I am level 47 and a freemium player. My rule of thumb is earn 150 donuts then every 15 after buy homer Buddha. Since i bought witch marge(I regret that now) I am under 150 the farming is because i want the big buildings and the rest of the land. Plus the Christmas update may require me to redo my springfield again. I have less than 50 characters and less than 10 npc's (i think). the squeaky teen and witch marge are my only premium items. But with 400 blue houses @ 1800 = 720,000 cost. 150 every tap daily(24 hrs / 3 taps) = 180,000 a day, for a month 5,400,000 and with the weak booster of 19% that's another 1,026,000 monthly that's 6,426,000 you guys were right about the blue houses.

Why do you buy Homer Boudha? In my experience, I bought a couple when I started playing and I got some from my weekly mystery box and I have never won anything good from it. Nothing that the value was more than 15 donuts and most that the value was less than 15 donuts (white fences, mystery boxes) I confess I'm curious, what have you got from them to keep buying it?
  • When I was real housefarming, blue houses were my preferred kind of house, with white houses you always end up out of synch.

I still have multiple houses but more a blend like a real city with land and decorations between them. I am not purely freemium nor do I have everything premium, but when I buy a premium decoration I always make sure the ratio donuts/multiplier is good and I never buy a decoration without multiplier or payout.
  • Blue house farmer here as well, I've found recently like others have said that I'm at a point where I'm making enough with the amount of characters I have and my bonus to start selling off the houses.
  • finagenesse wrote:
    knighthunt438 wrote:
    Guys for an fyi I am level 47 and a freemium player. My rule of thumb is earn 150 donuts then every 15 after buy homer Buddha. Since i bought witch marge(I regret that now) I am under 150 the farming is because i want the big buildings and the rest of the land. Plus the Christmas update may require me to redo my springfield again. I have less than 50 characters and less than 10 npc's (i think). the squeaky teen and witch marge are my only premium items. But with 400 blue houses @ 1800 = 720,000 cost. 150 every tap daily(24 hrs / 3 taps) = 180,000 a day, for a month 5,400,000 and with the weak booster of 19% that's another 1,026,000 monthly that's 6,426,000 you guys were right about the blue houses.

Why do you buy Homer Boudha? In my experience, I bought a couple when I started playing and I got some from my weekly mystery box and I have never won anything good from it. Nothing that the value was more than 15 donuts and most that the value was less than 15 donuts (white fences, mystery boxes) I confess I'm curious, what have you got from them to keep buying it?

I am trying to get the premium items and seeing how many Homers it takes to get a premium items. Like I keep track of the dog track the time and the winners to find a commonality.
  • I did a Homer Buddha back when I started in March & got Finch's Lab. Now that I have everything but 2 of the little fuzzy guys, not worth risking the donuts.
  • I would also recommend blue houses. I found it difficult to tap every 12 hours with the white houses, but the 8 hour taps made it pretty easy to keep consistent.

YMMV