Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Ingame update removed the 8-hr "Do a Plant Shift"

Before today's ingame update, there were 2 "Do a Plant Shift" tasks for Carl, Homer, Lenny and Smithers. One was 8 hours and one was 16 hours long. Both gave $500 though so I always chose 8 hours for these 4 characters. The 8-hr Shift is what I had them doing before the update, but when I went into to game after the update, they were no longer at the Plant but wandering the town. That's when I noticed the 8-hr Shift was gone.
  • This has happened in the past where character have been removed from a task or a particular task removed when the character is needed for a specific event task.
  • There's been a sudden rash of "I can't do the task" over in the Answers forum. Hmmmmmmmmm....
  • It even removed the “Do a plant shift” from Homer, which wouldn’t matter except if you are trying to finish the quest about getting Mr Burns. It means you can’t advance to the next quest.
  • https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/273940/current-game-glitches-missing-tasks-and-ios-game-crashing#latest
  • @jedimaster38354 - there should still be the 16h option, but for some players it isn't showing for that quest. EA are looking into it so hopefully it'll be sorted soon.
    I did that set of quests a while ago but this has been in Homer's Task List since I finished building the Nuclear Plant way back when . . .

• @LPNintendoITA - just checked and took this screenshot ( see the timestamp under it ) and that 16h task is still there in Homer's list for me. Not a scooby where the Be Joseph one came from though !?!

• there was no issue with this with questlines until they "fixed" it for It's pronounced nu-cular
  • meaning i can NOT do task after robo burns "terminated" homer ..