Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Moving landing zone

Samaranth01 wrote:
I've noticed my landing zone seems to be moving around rather erratically lately, dropping me in random places all over town. Just curious if this has been happening to anyone else. :)

Yes it has been happening to me since the day before phase 3 started.
The only time it lands by the HQ is when you come out of your neighbour list.
  • I don't think that it is the landing zone changing. When I don't close the game, it opens to the last place I was. When I do close it, it opens to the landing zone.
  • I also dislike it. I have patterns I use when clearing my SF and it is not beginning at those point. While I don't like it, I'm not exactly too put out, though starting in a different area makes my brain work for a second :lol:
    barryriddl474
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I've had it since it originally happened on Android. It happens every single time I play, as it was designed. I was playing when the update was trying to go through and it nearly wrecked my game. It was taking up to 3 minutes to place a single fence and the game just mega crashed. After I eventually was able to get into my town, the change had happened.

I've learned to deal with it. If I want to reload at my HQ, I just exit there. My game loads much faster upon startup and it's cured my ED (ED was mentioned on the show so the subject is fair game)(I'm pretty sure I made that last part up).
    I was confused by it initially (the unusual landing zones, not the ED) but adapted and now I have fun with it (again, the landing zones) and since I am very familiar with every part of my town, I never lose my bearings so I can easily head to my go to areas.

Embrace and control the new system, don't let it control you. ---- Stephen Hawking (not the physicist but the greeter at my local Walmart)
  • smohqy wrote:
    The landing zone is not actually moving. It's the Earth moving under your device while the donut spins at startup.

This makes complete sense! :D
  • barryriddl474 wrote:
    I've had it since it originally happened on Android. It happens every single time I play, as it was designed. I was playing when the update was trying to go through and it nearly wrecked my game. It was taking up to 3 minutes to place a single fence and the game just mega crashed. After I eventually was able to get into my town, the change had happened.

I've learned to deal with it. If I want to reload at my HQ, I just exit there. My game loads much faster upon startup and it's cured my ED (ED was mentioned on the show so the subject is fair game)(I'm pretty sure I made that last part up).
    I was confused by it initially (the unusual landing zones, not the ED) but adapted and now I have fun with it (again, the landing zones) and since I am very familiar with every part of my town, I never lose my bearings so I can easily head to my go to areas.

Embrace and control the new system, don't let it control you. ---- Stephen Hawking (not the physicist but the greeter at my local Walmart)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Never change, Barry my friend!
  • Playing on iPad mini. Never moves a lick, always comes lands centered around Super Squad HQ. In all my towns, all the time. Just moved the HQ around, opened, closed, always followed the HQ. Nice and stable, just the way I like.