Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Redoing My town.

annamarieharp wrote:
I am redoing my town would love to see what design you like best about yours! Also if you can show me some cool 3D stuff that would be amazing.

Thanks for letting everyone know that you are redoing your town. Important stuff right there folks!
  • annamarieharp wrote:
    I am redoing my town would love to see what design you like best about yours! Also if you can show me some cool 3D stuff that would be amazing. I am having a hard time deciding what to do with the volcano lair and observatory.

There are some really good designs here that could inspire you.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/4224.page
  • dill1785 wrote:
    annamarieharp wrote:
    I am redoing my town would love to see what design you like best about yours! Also if you can show me some cool 3D stuff that would be amazing.

Thanks for letting everyone know that you are redoing your town. Important stuff right there folks!

My thoughts in every thread similar to this.
  • Anna a few tips that I find make it easier to redesign....

1. Though time consuming store everything in your inventory.

2. Using roads divide your land into 4 squares, than in each of those four squares make an additional 4 squares... So you will have 16 squares to build from.

3. Group buildings that you like to see together....Christmas Area, Halloween Area, Food Area, Houses... Etc... Place them in the square or squares you would like to see them in and continue to develop with corresponding buildings and possibly more roads.

4. Don't put out any decoration for atleast a week or until Easter and or Whacking day is over. New buildings mean you would have to redesign again, so hold off until you get everything you want or need. And even then still don't add any decorations until you 100% love your design...

I redesigned mine about 3 days ago and still haven't laid out any decorations, I tweak a few buildings every so often.
  • Thanks Jason that was really helpful. This is the first time trying to put everything together and trying to make it look presentable. Some peoples towns look wonderful.
  • JasonMK83 wrote:
    Anna a few tips that I find make it easier to redesign....

1. Though time consuming store everything in your inventory.

2. Using roads divide your land into 4 squares, than in each of those four squares make an additional 4 squares... So you will have 16 squares to build from.

3. Group buildings that you like to see together....Christmas Area, Halloween Area, Food Area, Houses... Etc... Place them in the square or squares you would like to see them in and continue to develop with corresponding buildings and possibly more roads.

4. Don't put out any decoration for atleast a week or until Easter and or Whacking day is over. New buildings mean you would have to redesign again, so hold off until you get everything you want or need. And even then still don't add any decorations until you 100% love your design...

I redesigned mine about 3 days ago and still haven't laid out any decorations, I tweak a few buildings every so often.

I do that exact same thing I use pavement before I create the roads to get an estimate of what it'll look like