Forum Discussion

Halfa_Starr
Rising Novice
2 months ago

EASHL News?

EA_Aljo 

Apologies, but I checked the info session roadmap, and I didn't see anything regarding WoC/EASHL on it.   We're a little concerned clubwise because we all remember the NHL 15 migration to then next-gen console and it's making us a little.  

Is there a possibility you could let us know , at the very least when we expect a WoC/EASHL deep dive, or even info about it's changes for 25?

Thanks guys

EA_Aljo
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Hey, @Halfa_Starr

Unfortunately, I don't have any news on a EASHL deep dive. We'll just have to wait for an announcement.

Edit: I have confirmed we will be having EASHL news. Don't have a date for that though. The biggest focus has been on gameplay and AI. 2 areas the community is always requesting we improve.

• Judging from the roadmap there isn't anything about a dedicated WoC/EASHL deep dive.  We have an upcoming Presentation deep dive that might touch on some things regarding WoC/EASHL.    Just remember that Gameplay is covering all the modes so there is that.

• Waiting for this as well. Hoping there’s some changes to EASHL 

• If there isn't a Deep Dive for WoC/EASHL it could mean that it didn't receive lots of changes to highlight.  Gameplay of course will affect WoC so there is that.  From the looks of the early selling points it seems Franchise and HUT were a focus this year.

I'm curious though what changes/additions would you like to see added to World of Chel?

Halfa_Starr
      Rising Novice

Simple QoL changes really.   Things like going back to having one gear setup for Clubs and one for drop-ins.   Skate radii, blade flex and curves adding small bonuses.   Cleaner, quicker UI's to navigate from one tab to the other easily without fear of it crashing the game.  
          I'm hoping there's an offensive weapon to combat the open season defencemen have on forwards in front of the net.   Complete and full customization of the jersey, where we decided what stripes and piping goes where with the ability to upload our own logos for clubs,  more contextual contact with less ability to just ballerina around guys.  
          With how tempermental the servers are, a "re-join game" option would be fantastic, that's something that's been long overdue for a few years now

Below one's just a pipe dream for future games

I'd like to see the "core" (and I mean the physical ones) attributes grouped together- speed, strength, durability, acceleration, agility,- should be their own group.   Offensive traits would be grouped- WS Power, SS Power, Ws accuracy, ss acuracy, passing, OA should be it's own group.   Defensive would be Bodychecking, Shot blocking, stick checking, Defensive Awareness, stick lift, poise(this would be how well your player maintains stamina under pressure).   And finally the all around group- Faceoffs, hand eye, discipline, fighting, clutch-

phomi99
    Seasoned Novice

I don't know how many years of neglect it will take for you guys to realize they don't care about clubs. HUT is the money maker.

EA_Aljo
      Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

This couldn't be more false. WoC is hugely popular and a mode we care very much about. Just because we don't have news or a deep dive planned, it doesn't mean there's nothing to announce. All in good time.

• WoC got changes the last couple of years.  Last year alone we got a battle pass and shop.  And we got the ability to have so many loadouts for all the different modes in WoC.  So it's very much not getting neglected at all.

• Some changes I thought I have seen mentioned are Chel Live Events (I have no idea what this could mean though), and the tracking of records against other teams.

With the small player base, we do see the same teams fairly often, and knowing that your last game against a team went to double OT would be a cool way to pump you up before a game. I don't know if it will go into that much detail (like what the score was), it might just say you are 2-1-0 against them or something, but it is still a cool sounding change.