Forum Discussion

Sgt_Kelso
Rising Newcomer
3 hours ago

First impressions on NHL25

So threre some good, some bad... I like the L2 skating, it gives you versatility and lateral agility, for BOTH offence and defence. Feels nice! The one-timer mechanism is nice too, but seems overpowered? So generally the gameplay isn't half bad...

However, there's a quite a bit of negatives, some gameplay and some QoL issues. I've played mostly EASHL, so that's where my criticism originates from.

1. There SO MUCH flickering on the dressing room screen. The background flickers and flashes annoyingly, I just can't stand it. Sure it looks cool for a second, but if you have to stare that screen for hald an hour or more, it gets VERY tiresome. In addition , the player banners in the dressing room keep flickering as well, this isn't by design, and it was like that in the last game. Please do something about it!? 
  2. Finding games is a nightmare, please return the server location options like they were. You either get a game with 120+ ping or missing players (in 4s and 6s). We spend more time in the dressing room staring at that flickering that in actual games, and it's early season too! 
  3. Goalies... what can you say? They're like swiss cheese in EASHL, I can't catch a puck if it kills me. Just regular wristers from no particularily good position, and they go in. What I could be sure to catch in NHL24 no longer applies, I don't know exactly what has changed, but something seems off. If this is by design, please let us know what we need to adjust, is it angles, anticipation or what. I don't even want to play goialie anymore.
  4. Menus, why are there so many and why are they still so slow? Have you counted how many button presses it takes to achieve something in the menus, you know like basic useability stuff? I know this has been an issue forever, but let's keep bringing this up, hey?

I am sure I can think of some more issues, but let's kick off with these. Your thoughts?

No RepliesBe the first to reply