Forum Discussion

shotgunrules
Newcomer
4 hours ago

Goal replays in ultimate team

There have been many occasions where I will score a goal and it will show the other teams previous goal in the replay. Please fix the issue 🙂 other than that great job and great game and content this year so far!

• As predicted, they've shoehorned replays into the presentation flow in such a way that it makes no sense.

After a goal is scored, any subsequent off-play sequence that includes a replay will show a replay of the previous goal. 

I think we all understand what they're trying to do; they're trying to mimic the TV-Style presentation method of showing a goal from earlier in the period/game in order to add more content in-between whistles. 

The problems with EA's approach are that the replays and accompanying colour commentary are often misplaced. It's so strange to have a penalty be called, and then the commentary team decides that's a perfect opportunity to analyze the goal scored 10 minutes ago.

It's just so perplexing to me how presentation continues to be an afterthought. You cannot convince me that something like revisiting previous goal replays took 10 months of development. Aside from some new rendering on some replay angles to give the game a more realistic lighting/shading model, a new score clock and the shoehorning of jarring replay analysis, there've been zero changes to the presentation flow. 

Gameplay has clearly been the greatest improvement in '25, and that's fantastic. But I hope in '26, the entire flow of the presentation gets a refresh.