Forum Discussion

SirJuggeth
New Scout
3 hours ago

Goalie passing and the player selection

Goalie passing is risky at best, and a lot of the time it could be downright self-sabotage.

There are high chances of the puck ending up in your own net, especially when done at the wrong time, but it seems even when you think you're good, it gets wonked up.

But aside from that, the next biggest issue is the player that gets selected when the puck gets tossed out.

It's rare when the goalie makes a solid pass, but far more rare that they make a solid pass to the player I intended. Put that together, and more often you get a weak flub of a pass as the goalie lets it float out in front of them, usually while they're on their knees with their head down, and the player that's selected is way out at the boards, meanwhile there's a guy right beside them.

I get it, that it's probably selecting the guy it thinks I was pressing my left analog stick towards, but that's not necessarily always the case. Personally, I would find it more helpful if the closest guy to the puck was selected in this sort of scenario.

If the goalie is standing up and ready to make a pass like a normal skater, then sure, make it a pass as usual, but when he's trying to just let the puck loose to avoid a whistle, select the nearest guy because you know dang well that the goalie ain't makin a pass out to the boards while they're on their knees.

Brownie8724
    Seasoned Novice

Control the player closes your the net and have him get open on the corner/behind your net.. then Call for it... Have your forwards "Leave Zone Early"

Garunteed breakaway every time

• Sorry to hijack your thread but its a goalie question. 

Is there a way to get your goalie to come off their line.  There has been times when the opposition is on a rush and if my goalie had came out he'd have had plenty of time to get the puck and pass it, rather than sitting back and allowing the CPU to skate up the ice to collect the puck behind the net or having a one on one with the goalie. 

Also theres times when I make an arse of a pass and the puck goes back into my o zone. The goalie doesn't come out to retrieve the puck. 

My ice hockey knowledge is limited but from what I have watched those scenarios happen a lot and the goalie comes out so the defencemen doesn't have to come all the way back up the ice. 

About NHL 25 General Discussion

Discuss the latest news and game information around NHL 25 in the community forums.582 PostsLatest Activity: 47 seconds ago