Forum Discussion

hiperay
Seasoned Rookie
27 days ago

New Vision Control + Puck Protect

In the reveal trailer at one point it shows Luke Hughes picking up the puck while having his back to the net. From what I have heard, holding LT/L2 with the puck will have you always facing the net when skating. Is there some new modifier involving the combination of Puck protect with Vision Control that is allowing you to face away from the net while in the new skating animations?

EA_Aljo
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Hey, hiperay 

Not that I'm aware of. What would you be trying to achieve that just skating in the opposite direction doesn't do? The big complaint with LT'ing in the past was that you could backskate and protect the puck unrealistically. We don't want to bring that back.

hiperay
      Seasoned Rookie

I agree that the LT was unrealistic in the past. That said, I thought maybe it was going to allow you to Mohawk while facing away from the net like shown in this image I was referring to. You can see that he is skating in an unconventional method from previous games, indicating he is skating with new vision control system(VCS). However the new VCS was designed to have you always facing the net when skating with it activated. This use of the VCS is going against those statements made by the Youtubers/Design Council. This means that there is more to the VCS than we are being told or the "normal skating" we have been used to is changing as well.

EA_Aljo
        Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Vision Control does not work anything like the previous LT'ing. You can't skate backwards while protecting the puck. I wouldn't read much into this screenshot as VC makes you face the net. If you pick up the puck while facing away and then hit VC, it's going to take a moment to pivot. This isn't allowing players to face away from defenders while protecting the puck.