Forum Discussion

NeonSkyline21
Seasoned Scout
4 hours ago

ONE TIMERS BOIII

Dear EA,

You're no doubt going to receive some complaints about the new "perfect release" one-timers being "OP" when the full release of NHL25 arrives. What I'd like to say is that you shouldn't change them too drastically. It's very satisfying being able to score off of good passes across the ice as opposed to having goalies make miraculous saves 75% of the time. 

Now, one area where they could be TUNED is when they're coming way out from the point. In this case, it seems like even unskilled defensemen (with low shooting attributes) can score on unscreened one-timers as long as the release is "green." So, if you're going to capitulate and tune one-Ts to be less powerful, I'd recommend just tuning it so that only the top players can score cleanly from the point (if anyone).

TL;DR: I LIKE scoring with the new one-timer system. If you tune, make it so that unskilled skaters can't take advantage of the "green release" buff. Also, perfect one-Ts from the point might need SLIGHT tuning. 

• I agree if the low players are able to get the one timers  as easy what is the reason anyone will be making improvements to their roster