Forum Discussion

SummerOfDekes
New Adventurer
3 hours ago

Programming Stupidity: Goalies and Defensemen of NHL 25

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/7We5J4bMKk

In this clip from Pro-AM, I make a save on a shot from in tight. After the save, I want to be able to slide over to seal off the post while being in butterfly/RVH. Instead, the game forces my goalie into a desperation animation, leaving my goalie stuck on his side, on a play where the puck was moving into a safe area and out of harm's way.

After the shot, the same skater collects his rebound and goes behind the net where a defender (CPU) follows him. In front, a second defender (CPU) completely abandons his man and obvious recipient of a pass in order to skate straight into my goalie, covering nobody, and further taking me out of the play. The pass is made, the shot is taken at a wide open net, and a I'm stuck swimming in semi-dry concrete trying to get back into position to no avail.

It genuinely boggles my mind how the mid development team that put this horrendous game together could actually play this game for any length of time at all and think, "nailed it."

The AI in this game is as stupid as ever, making absolutely baffling decisions that would get you kicked off a BEER LEAGUE team.

This game is boring, tedious, and is yet another in a long list of failures from EA. But, most importantly, this game will also be the last NHL game that I ever spend a single cent on as I cannot possibly think of a bigger waste of time and money. 

Maybe I can still find an Xbox 360 and a copy of NHL 2K on ebay. 🤞

No RepliesBe the first to reply