Forum Discussion

CNote_BB11
Seasoned Newcomer
4 days ago

Stamina

Been playing a lot of games and my guy is always gassed.  Never had this issue in NHL24.  Can't explain it.  Not sure what's going on but my guy is always out of energy.  Needs to be addressed. 

Manster54White
    Seasoned Traveler

I am playing franchise and every line is gassed by halfway through the period. I had to turn fatigue recovery all the way up and it is still not adequate

MasterB89
    Rising Traveler

I have played about 35 games in my franchise mode so far and have felt the change to the stamina is nice. It simulates a more authentic and realistic experience compared to NHL 24. NHL 24 was more arcade (fast paced and too high stamina with little need to play the 3rd or 4th lines cause there was no real stamina penalties), which is unrealistic/non sim - seeing that if we look at this as a hockey game, lines are usually on the ice for 45 sec to a 1 minute max and there is risk and rewards to using a burst of speed or taking a bit hit (which does have more of an affect in NHL 25). Also, player stamina would be less overall as a period goes on as there is not a large time for rest between shifts (this also is more simulation then arcade as it caters to more real life hockey). 

I personally like this change and have turned to using goalie stoppages and dumping the puck in for a change - also becoming aware if I risk keeping a line out for too long there is a higher chance they pin me in my zone and cause the pressure system to start and giving a higher chance to a potential goal. 

I can easily see this isn't for everyone and can be a huge thing to get used to but its really just more of a difference between arcade and simulation hockey. Plus, I maybe wrong but you can change sliders for stamina in the settings for franchise mode can't you?

Molda-CZ
      Seasoned Novice

normally i would agree with you, but there are several problems with this:
      the problem 1 is that you probably play with higher match lenght and there it is maybe scaled right and could result in realistic gameplay. But for people that need or want to play 3 or 4 minute period lenght the stamina usage is crazy compared to 24. you cannot change lines every 5 seconds of real life time. It needs to be scaled in a way that it seems ok no matter what lenght of game you play. In 24 it was scaled ok, i was changing all lines, i was using 3rd and 4th lines, the fatigue made sense. In NHL 25 all 4 lines are dead in a few minutes even if i rotate all 4 lines. My guy comes from the bench with full green stamina, and by the time he skates from bench to attacking zone he has half the stamina gone.
      the problem 2 is that it is done differently for human player and for CPU AI. They change lines in similar times as you, but their players and lines have very high stamina during whole period, whereas you as a player has drained whole team. If this was at least the same for your team and for the AI team then maybe. But if both these problems exist together, it creates a mess.
      (i tried changing sliders and i didnt notice any difference)

MasterB89
        Rising Traveler

First off, I play 4 minute length periods on superstar difficulty, with catered sliders. So I usually will have a rush or 2 max before I dump the puck and make a line change, instances where there is the pressure system for my team, even after a draw, I have learned once I get it out to make the change so it doesn't affect their endurance as much. As long as I easily go between lines I will usually have at least 2 lines having mostly fully green bars or at least one full and one 75%, for the Dmen, that  is usually one green, 1 pair 50% and tired, so I try to make sure which dline im playing with the forward line so I don't have my fourth line out with my 3rd pairing dman. 

I do agree that AI stamina is off but it has been off going back to NHL 21 (if not before - I just can't remember going back farther), which is why I have done all I can to cater that stamina to a point where they don't play their first and second lines for 5-8 minutes of in-game time per shift. This is something I do feel can be adjusted so AI stamina fully matches user stamina (but again its been many games so I can't see that changing).

It now depends on what the player does from what I can tell, if he has to skate faster to get back into the play or make a rush into the zone the stamina does drop more from what I can tell (not sure how much as its hard to determine while playing the game)

I do understand where you are coming from with it, it did take me a few games to judge how it worked and to try and get a good balance. The only time I found a real issue with stamina was if I had multiple penalties in a row and I was overworking my PK lines - which ultimately affected my dcore more so they were more tired. In that instance I took a time out and resolved the issue (was it a weird time in the game for a time out, yes, but it did solve the issue)

Molda-CZ
    Seasoned Novice

I am glad i am not alone, in franchise mode on PS5 no matter what i do my players are always completely dead without stamina. I have to change lines nonstop and before i go through all 4 lines and go back to my 1st line, they are still super low so ussualy half way through the period my whole team is completely dead yet AI team has full green bars without any problems.
    There must be much more wrong with the stamina and changing lines, because even with manual line changes the players very often dont want to change lines and they stay on the ice for so long. Or sometimes the line switching menu in the corner shows my line has full green energy even though the players on that line are almost dead and their actual stamina is super low. 
    I had zero issues with line changing and stamina in NHL 24, in NHL 25 it is crazy,

Manster54White
    Seasoned Traveler

In my case it wasn't an issue with '25 as much as me not realizing it was different from '24.

In the previous version you could pretty much stay on speed burst indefinitely. NOT NOW.

only use it when you really need it. Glide as much as you can. It will make a big difference.

Nation87
    Seasoned Novice

It's fine where it is, stop crying that you can't fly everywhere unrealistically like the last game.