Forum Discussion

CSquared5396
Rising Novice
13 hours ago

Power Up Icons (PUIs) don't upgrade?!

EA_Aljo
With the revelation that the PUI MacInnis didn't get new tiers with the release of the Supernatural version and Thrash's posts (1) (2), it's clear the Non-Holo PUIs don't upgrade beyond the first tier. 

What's the rationale regarding that decision?

Prior to this change:
I only wanted to make the former Red Wings; Howe, Alfie, Chelios, Lidstrom, Hull, Draper, Coffey, and Modano. I would need make each PUI twice for each Holo + a third time to keep Hull, Draper, Coffey, and Modano.

I'd need to make PUI Tokens for 8x PUIs.
That's 404x PUI Tokens in total to make them 99 (based on last year's requirements)
That's cards I'll need to grind or buy to make all of those Tokens.

With this change to PUIs:
I will only make the 4x Red Wing Holos.  Therefore, I won't need neither the 208x Tokens nor the extra versions of the base PUIs to keep.

Meaning, I won't need to grind or buy as many cards.
Meaning, EA will lose on revenue and engagement (not just from me, but others)

Make it make sense.  How does this change benefit the players?  How does it benefit EA's bottom line?

IceDawgFan1
    Seasoned Newcomer

Really hoping this was just an oversight on the part of the content/support team that will be corrected soon.  If in fact the "base" modern/vintage PUIs aren't going to upgrade throughout the season, this 100% should have been communicated on game release as it is a total departure from the way they have worked before.  Base Xfactors not upgrading was communicated early on and this should have been as well.