Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Buried treasure?

I must have dug 100 holes and still cant find the buried treasure. Is that right I have to "dig for treasure" to fulfill the vacation memory? Any tips?
    Rflong7
    Seasoned Adventurer
    They have to dig up a treasure chest to get that memory. It doesn't have to be on vacation, iirc.
  • I think it depends. I sent a family on holiday to Twikkii Island. The mum managed to burst a water pipe, whilst her husband found two secret maps!
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    Well, it's a rare thing you can find when you dig for treasure, no matter whether your sim is on vacation or not. If you still haven't found a treasure chest, the luck simply isn't on your side today. Try again later.
  • You don't have to be on vacation to find the treasure chest. My Sims never go on vacation much in the hood I play, and they have found one on a community lot in the main hood and even on home lots. ETA: IIRC Jason McQuire (a Sim I created in my hood) dug one up at my graveyard one night..that was funny since I was pretending he was robbing graves. :D
  • "Cinebar;c-17520202" wrote:
    You don't have to be on vacation to find the treasure chest. My Sims never go on vacation much in the hood I play, and they have found one on a community lot in the main hood and even on home lots. ETA: IIRC Jason McQuire (a Sim I created in my hood) dug one up at my graveyard one night..that was funny since I was pretending he was robbing graves. :D

Guess he found a rich Sim's grave XD

It is also completely random. Sometimes I got ages without a single chest. Then other times I seem to get one every dig.
  • Hello, I have a question about this feature. My Sims keep on getting wishes to "dig for treasure" or "comb beach for seashells". I have all the expansion packs except for Pets. Yet, none of the options appear, nor on plain ground or the beach. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you so much!
  • "Fomalhaut;c-17756719" wrote:
    Hello, I have a question about this feature. My Sims keep on getting wishes to "dig for treasure" or "comb beach for seashells". I have all the expansion packs except for Pets. Yet, none of the options appear, nor on plain ground or the beach. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you so much!

Do you have any mods installed?
  • I've found that treasure chests are rare and are found randomly anywhere you can dig. For me the most common finds are bones and rocks.