Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Do you let 'Wants' & 'Fears' dictate your gameplay?

Hi guys!

Recently, I've been playing a lot of TS2 and enjoying the nostalgia :D and it's got me thinking about the 'Wants' & 'Fears' feature.

Back when the game first came out I very rarely listened to what my Sims actually wanted and played however I wanted to. I found the 'Wants' & 'Fears' super annoying and getting in the way of how I wanted their lives to go. As I'm sure you can imagine, my sims were pretty grumpy. This time around, (fast forward 10 years) I've been letting my Sims decide what we do and I've noticed it's a lot easier to play when they're happy (duh). The only thing I've ignored so far is the want to have 10 children. No thanks, I value my sanity!

So I thought I'd pose the question to the community, Do you let 'Wants' & 'Fears' dictate your gameplay?

Thanks!
  • "Cinebar;c-17004877" wrote:
    No, I may fill a few wants and I may fill a fear once in awhile but let the chips fall where they may. It's rare I would fill a want these days and only if I think it's necessary to get into a gold mood if I need them in a gold mood to use an object or something to save their life at the last minute, if I'm feeling merciful.

@Cinebar haha I love that 'if I'm feeling merciful' I do think I tend to go into the game with set goals/ a plan for their lives but it never goes to plan!
  • What my sims do are usually a combination of what both I and my sims want. I will usually try to fulfill the wants that are easier and the ones that I do not mind.
  • @TM3305 said:
    > If my Sim's aspiration meter is in the red then I'll fufill some easy wants, such as eating a certain food, not getting a kitten or a puppy.

BTW, I don't let fears affect my game. Forgot to mention that in my original post