Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection NOT Launching

Hello! So, recently I reset my computer completely to factory state because of an error that I was getting. I had Windows 8.1, and I thought that since I reset my computer, why not upgrade my Windows to Windows 10? So I did, I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and everything worked fine, other than the fact that I stumbled upon one simple Origin error which I fixed kinda quickly.

So, I started reinstalling my games. I started with Sims 4 and continued with TS2 Ultimate Collection. The installation went fine, no errors, nothing, until I tried to play it. I pressed the "Play" button in Origin and then the window closed (it was still open in task bar), and the cursor was rotating for a few seconds (as if something was loading), then everything went back to normal, I could press "Play" again but the game wouldn't launch. It's a loop. I press play, something loads, then the play button is available again. I tried repairing the game with the repair tool, reinstalling, updating, everything, nothing seems to work.

I also tried checking the folder from Documents/EA Games/Sims 2 Ultimate collection, but to my surprise, it was empty! Well, almost empty. It only had a folder called "Logs", with a bunch of text files in it, such as "missing-anim-o", "missing-anim-p", "resources" and so on. I really want to get back into the Sims 2, so help would be appreciated.

Side note: Yes, my computer can handle games. XD It's not a potato. Thanks!