Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Sims 2 Ultimate collection

Hello I saw on the forums about the sims 2 tm thing, how do I delete it?
  • Hi. What problem are you having with the game?

You need to open regedit (Window+R) and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE

For 32 - Bit : Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out...

For 64- Bit : Open Wow6432Node then.. Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out...

Before it's should look like this : The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection

After : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

• "JULES1111;c-16258945" wrote:
    Hi. What problem are you having with the game?

You need to open regedit (Window+R) and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SOFTWARE

For 32 - Bit : Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out...

For 64- Bit : Open Wow6432Node then.. Find EA GAMES folder and open the sims 2... change the Display Name... Delete the ™ out...

Before it's should look like this : The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection

After : The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

I had a problem were the game won't start I delete the cache and thumbnails that seem to work, but I'm worried the game won't start again that's all. I meaning how do you delete the tm do you highlight or what?
  • Yes you can just highlight it and hit delete, or you can put the curser at the end of the "m" in TM and backspace. Though if your game is working now you might not want to mess with it. Caches have to be deleted once in a while because they get bloated and stop the game from loading. That is most likely the issue you had, that is why deleting them solved the problem. If you get into the habit of deleting them every so often you won't have to worry about your game not starting. Some people do it after each play through so they don't forget, some once a week, some once a month. Whatever schedule works best for you.

There are also read only caches that you can download so you don't have to worry about deleting the files anymore. In case you were interested,

Groups cache can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/admhh81bsyyhda4/Groups.7z

For accessory it is a little harder because we can not link to Leefish anymore. Just google Sims 2 accessory cache read only Leefish, and it should be right on the top of the search.

Extract the files, then delete out the groups and accessories caches the game made, and put these in their place. Right click on each one (both groups and accessory, one at a time) go to properties, and tick the box that says read only. Save it and exit out. Then do the other remaining one the same way.
  • > @JULES1111 said:
    > Yes you can just highlight it and hit delete, or you can put the curser at the end of the "m" in TM and backspace. Though if your game is working now you might not want to mess with it. Caches have to be deleted once in a while because they get bloated and stop the game from loading. That is most likely the issue you had, that is why deleting them solved the problem. If you get into the habit of deleting them every so often you won't have to worry about your game not starting. Some people do it after each play through so they don't forget, some once a week, some once a month. Whatever schedule works best for you.
    >
    > There are also read only caches that you can download so you don't have to worry about deleting the files anymore. In case you were interested,
    >
    > Groups cache can be found here:
    >
    > For accessory it is a little harder because we can not link to Leefish anymore. Just google Sims 2 accessory cache read only Leefish, and it should be right on the top of the search.
    >
    > Extract the files, then delete out the groups and accessories caches the game made, and put these in their place. Right click on each one (both groups and accessory, one at a time) go to properties, and tick the box that says read only. Save it and exit out. Then do the other remaining one the same way.

Hello! You seem to know a lot about Sims 2 problems. I recently reset my computer and then upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I reinstalled Sims 2 ultimate collection, but when I press play, the game won't launch at all. The button would get highlighted for a few seconds, and then it would go back to normal. I tried repairing, updating, nothing worked. I didn't try reinstalling yet, but I don't think it will help. I'd appreciate it if you could help me! Thank you! <3