Forum Discussion

texansky
Rising Scout
2 days ago

Marsden Farm Challenge

I am playing my Farming Challenge with a Twist by PianoAshes. Each chapter will be published on Wednesdays at 14:00 Central Time [19:00 GMT - starting November 6th they will post at 20:00 GMT]

Loni and her father Fred Marsden fell on hard times after her mother Eden passed away. The medical bills took all of their savings. Fred fell ill and could no longer work. They were about to lose their home. In desperation, Fred called an old Army buddy, Tate Curley, in Appaloosa Plains. Tate bought them bus tickets and told them he had a place they could live and that they should come immediately.

They packed what they could take on the bus, mainly clothing and footwear. Loni opened her dresser drawer and took out her grandmother's pearls. They were natural pearls with a unique color of purple. She placed them on top of her clothes and closed the suitcase. Then she went into her father's room and helped him pack. The two suitcases were heavy, so she could only manage one at a time on the staircase. They called a taxi. The driver put the suitcases in the trunk while they got into the cab. It was a short drive to the bus station. The driver brought their suitcases inside near the loading door when they arrived.

Loni went to the counter to get their tickets and two baggage tags to attach to their suitcases. It wasn't long before their bus was loading. Loni made two trips out to the bus with their luggage. They settle into two seats near the front of the bus. It was a long ride to Appaloosa Plains, so Loni had packed sandwiches and drinks in her backpack.

Loni Marsden:

Fred Marsden:

texansky
    Rising Scout

Marsden Farm - 2

Fred and I switched beds. Fred found the double bed too soft, and my single bed was too hard. I wasn't getting enough rest. Our table and chairs finally arrived from IkeaSims.

texansky
    Rising Scout

Marsden Farm - 3

The crops I planted in the basement were coming along nicely. Prom night arrived and Dad insisted that I go. When I got home, Dad told me my vegetable storage and seed keeper had arrived. He told me that I needed to curb my spending.

texansky
    Rising Scout

Marsden Farm - 4

Dad thinks he's been cured by an alien abduction. I would rather that Doctor Nellie make that decision. He agreed, so I called and made an appointment for Thursday afternoon. Dad was happy that he still got to go fishing in the morning.

texansky
    Rising Scout

Marsden Farm - 5

On Thursday, Dad and I went fishing. We arrived at the hospital in time for Dad's appointment. Now we await Doctor Nellie's diagnosis.

texansky
    Rising Scout

Marsden Farm - 6

Dad threw me a birthday party and invited my friends from school. Chantrell Riffin, Cornell Riffin, Dad, Tate Curley, Ethan Parrott, and Benni Hennessey attended. We had a good time. After the guests left, I threw in a load of laundry and was just about to head upstairs to bed. This reminded me of my first day in the house.