Forum Discussion

KarilynMonroe2
Seasoned Novice
6 years ago

Simdia is done!

Before downloading this world you will need to have the store content installed, there is a list of further down in this thread. You will also need to place this folder in your mods folder http://mediafire.com/folder/n9n2ffrnd56fi/trees

I've decided to theme the world around one family, the builder of the Taj Mahal- Shaw Jahan and his favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal whom the Taj was built for (it is her tomb). I am playing the family as the main couple and 4 other "wives" who will also bear children to Shaw Jahan. Mumtaz had 14 children and then died in childbirth. I plan to bury the couple in the Taj Mahal eventually so that their ghosts will remain there.
I have done a lot of research on india and have found it is very diverse. The focus therefore will be on the town where the Taj Mahal is located but as its Sims, i'm trying to incorporate some of the unique aspects of india life but it will be impossible to be highly accurate. I've never visited India but have always wanted to. I would love input from anyone who can bring suggestions based on personal experiences living or visiting India.
This went from a small project to a large project to now I'm simplifying it a bit for ease of game-play.
Leaving out Island Paradise was a dissapointment and I may put it back in later but don't want the world to be reliant upon it. I had built a lake palace that was based on the lake palace built in another town by Shaw Jahan but without boats it won't be accessible so any ideas for that are welcome.
I'm going to share some screenshots of what I've done in the first 2 drafts of this world and as I continue will update.
If anyone wants to try out one of the first 2 versions I did save them and can share.
See ya in India!