Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Family Tree Maker

So I am planning on doing a long legacy and breaking my past record which was only 4 generations. :p I want to make a family tree outside of the sims game that has more detail. I have tried family echo so far and have liked it but I would want a little bit more detail. I want to be able to show how they have died from maybe a frame around the picture. If you search up the De La Sangre family sims on google images you will see what I mean. Could any one give a program like that? Thanks!
  • > @JoAnne65 said:
    > The good part of paint (or even better paint.net because that program allows you to work with layers; you can download it for free) is that you can create it any way you like. Choose colours, icons, everything. You can find Sims 3 icons on MTS and use them in your family tree. I also like to add in my family tree where a particular generation lived for instance.

That sounds great! I will try it out now.
    Gitte2001
    Seasoned Rookie
    "JoAnne65;14400704" wrote:
    The good part of paint (or even better paint.net because that program allows you to work with layers; you can download it for free) is that you can create it any way you like. Choose colours, icons, everything. You can find Sims 3 icons on MTS and use them in your family tree. I also like to add in my family tree where a particular generation lived for instance.

Wait where on MTS???

• I have an example here (it's in Dutch but I guess you'll get the picture):

(this legacy is made by several simmers, which explains the names above the world they played in)

Someone gave me a link for the icons once and I downloaded it, so I don't know exactly where you can find them I'm afraid...
  • > @JoAnne65 said:
    > I have an example here (it's in Dutch but I guess you'll get the picture):
    >
    >
    >
    > (this legacy is made by several simmers, which explains the names above the world they played in)
    >
    > Someone gave me a link for the icons once and I downloaded it, so I don't know exactly where you can find them I'm afraid...

Wow! That is exactly what I was going for. That looks great! Well done haha
  • > @GITTE2001 said:
    > JoAnne65 wrote: »
    >
    > The good part of paint (or even better paint.net because that program allows you to work with layers; you can download it for free) is that you can create it any way you like. Choose colours, icons, everything. You can find Sims 3 icons on MTS and use them in your family tree. I also like to add in my family tree where a particular generation lived for instance.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wait where on MTS???

I have found them on MTS
    http://modthesims.info/d/363573
  • I don't typically post recommendations for stuff (unless it's free), but for a reasonable amount of money, I've found Roots Magic to be the best for family tree making. It's very user friendly and definitely helped me keep track of over ten generations of Bartlets. Plus, since a few of my legacy family members have become immortal or been brought back from the dead, Roots Magic lets you put in 200 year lifespans or female Sims giving birth at age 70 with no problem. Since it would not let me use Sim days for birthdates and death dates, I had to convert them into proper years based on the Seasons. Other than that, it's been quite useful.