Forum Discussion

kkayizzygi538
Seasoned Newcomer
5 days ago

Snowy Escape install issue

The EA app is saying Snowy Escape is installed for my game, but when I open the game it's not installed. The pack isn't showing up in the Sims Packs on my computer either. How do I get the EA app to realize that Snowy Escape isn't installed? I've tried completely uninstalling the Sims 4 and the EA app, but the EA app is still saying Snowy Escape is installed when the base game isn't even installed. I've tried removing all CC and mods, but haven't had any luck

• Please open Terminal (in Applications > Utilities) and enter this command:

find / -name "EP10" 2>/dev/null

Then post the results.  Or if you prefer, find the EP10 folder yourself (Snowy Escape was the tenth expansion released) and delete it.  You can ignore a folder inside Delta or __Installer, as these are not the pack itself but rather other data.  Ignore anything in System/Volumes/Data as well.

kkayizzygi538
      Seasoned Newcomer

Thanks for responding!

Do you want the full text from Terminal? It said "Permission denied" for all of the folders

There isn't a folder "EP10" for me to delete

• kkayizzygi538  I do want the full Terminal output.  I already knew that there wasn't an EP10 folder where you were looking; the point of the Terminal search is to find out where the EP10 folder actually is, and it has to be somewhere.

You shouldn't see the Permission Denied message at all.  That's the point of the 2>/dev/null  part  of the command.  So please try it again and make sure you've copied the command exactly.  If you still see Permission Denied, that's fine, just post the rest of the results.

kkayizzygi538
      Seasoned Newcomer

kaylab@kaylas-MacBook-Air ~ % find / -name "EP10" 2>/dev/null

/System/Volumes/Data/Volumes/Untitled 1/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Delta/EP10

/System/Volumes/Data/Volumes/Untitled/The Sims 4 Packs/EP10

/System/Volumes/Data/Volumes/Untitled/The Sims 4 Packs/__Installer/DLC/EP10

/Volumes/Untitled 1/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Delta/EP10

/Volumes/Untitled/The Sims 4 Packs/EP10

/Volumes/Untitled/The Sims 4 Packs/__Installer/DLC/EP10

kaylab@kaylas-MacBook-Air ~ % 

• kkayizzygi538  Have you installed your game onto an external drive?  It looks like you have and that the mount point is wrong: Untitled 1 rather than just Untitled.  This is a separate issue that should be addressed.  It tends to happen when the drive is disconnected while the system is writing to it

Please disconnect your drive in software: right-click the drive and select Eject.  Then physically disconnect it.  Then open a Finder window, click cmd-shift-G, and enter /Volumes .  You should see a folder called Untitled , which you need to delete.

Restart your computer, reconnect the drive, and make sure the EA App recognizes your installed game, and you should be able to download Snowy Escape again.  If not, let me know what happens.