Forum Discussion

11 years ago

3D advice/opinion needed

When I try the link it says I don't have permission. (Was gonna try and fix it for you).
Maybe try imgur. It's really easy to use, free and gives you the relevant codes for pics on the forum
  • barryriddl474 wrote:
    Your revised version looks awesome! Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks Barry :) I have added even more now but still not happy with it, so it's a "working progress". The main part is still the same, I've just moved the buildings in front and extended the area :)
  • IndigoUnicorn wrote:
    TankGirl2925 wrote:
    IndigoUnicorn wrote:
    Thanks guys for your advice and tips. I've taken it on-board and actually changed the way it's facing. So this is it now. Better?

(Thank you for picture advice :lol: that was my first time doing it and now I know how to, expect lots of pictures :lol: )

That looks better, more believable to the eye, i had a similar dilemma when i synk the far left section of my plots, i wanted to have elevation there, so now i have a "hill" that fools the eye well, without hedges but the retaining walls and staggered houses helped. Nice job!!

Thank you :)

I bet what you've done looks fab! I think I noticed you've posted a panoramic view of your town? So I will check it out :)

What you needed to do in the first version ,starting with bench second from the top and working down was to move bench 2 one space to the left, bench 3 - 2 spaces and so on down. Then adjust the hedges to fit the shifting benches. The hedges that with the visible ends should line up so the top left corner of each hedge touche the bottom left of corner of the hedge above.

That will give you the correct perspective.
  • orionsbell wrote:
    IndigoUnicorn wrote:
    TankGirl2925 wrote:
    IndigoUnicorn wrote:
    Thanks guys for your advice and tips. I've taken it on-board and actually changed the way it's facing. So this is it now. Better?

(Thank you for picture advice :lol: that was my first time doing it and now I know how to, expect lots of pictures :lol: )

That looks better, more believable to the eye, i had a similar dilemma when i synk the far left section of my plots, i wanted to have elevation there, so now i have a "hill" that fools the eye well, without hedges but the retaining walls and staggered houses helped. Nice job!!

I bet what you've done looks fab! I think I noticed you've posted a panoramic view of your town? So I will check it out :)

What you needed to do in the first version ,starting with bench second from the top and working down was to move bench 2 one space to the left, bench 3 - 2 spaces and so on down. Then adjust the hedges to fit the shifting benches. The hedges that with the visible ends should line up so the top left corner of each hedge touche the bottom left of corner of the hedge above.

Thanks Orion, I think I understand it better now. I have baby brain and that's my excuse for being soooo dippy at the moment.
  • IndigoUnicorn wrote:
    orionsbell wrote:
    IndigoUnicorn wrote:
    TankGirl2925 wrote:
    IndigoUnicorn wrote:

Thanks Orion, I think I understand it better now. I have baby brain and that's my excuse for being soooo dippy at the moment.

You're welcome.

BTW you need to do the same with your new version, just moving to the right instead of left. :-)
  • By the way, a little off topic but on your screen name: it reminds me of Despicable Me, "unicorns I love them, unicorns I love them..." Have you see it? *Its soo fluffy I'm gonna die!!*
  • TankGirl2925 wrote:
    By the way, a little off topic but on your screen name: it reminds me of Despicable Me, "unicorns I love them, unicorns I love them..." Have you see it? *Its soo fluffy I'm gonna die!!*

Lol - I've only really seen it on in the background when my daughter watches it :-) I'll definitely have to pay close attention :)
  • Looks great. But I would move the library. It's hiding the steps
  • I have :) I've moved a lot around..... I keep getting "restless" and indecisive! This is what happens when I haven't got any new levels to work towards, events to keep me busy or quests to focus on.... and I LOVE IT!