Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Needing pixel art ideas

skippermeh wrote:
I'm redesigning at the moment and I'm wanting to add a small bit of pixel art too give my town a bit more character & personality. I was thinking I could do Hobbs - from Calvin & Hobbs - but I kinda gave up on it as it seemed a bit too ambitious. So, I am in need of some inspiration/ideas! What kind of pixel art have you added into your town?

Too ambitious? You gotta go big or go home.

Lol. I do think Hobbs would be really cool.
  • Hobbes would be cool...if it seems overwhelming, start by maybe just doing his head for now until you get used to putting the various decorations together to form features, colours etc...

• Found a pattern online, just googled Calvin Hobbes cross stitch and you can find patterns to follow. Hope this helps!
  • Undaunted-001 wrote:
    simbass7 wrote:
    http://i.imgur.com/qSg3NDu.png
    lol love your PAC man simbass :thumbup:

Thanks
    You never had a chance to see my town, did you? I know I said I would send you a request ages ago but didn't - sorry.
    looking forward to seeing your town now it has been redesigned - will add you now
  • waylenchoate wrote:
    skippermeh wrote:
    I'm redesigning at the moment and I'm wanting to add a small bit of pixel art too give my town a bit more character & personality. I was thinking I could do Hobbs - from Calvin & Hobbs - but I kinda gave up on it as it seemed a bit too ambitious. So, I am in need of some inspiration/ideas! What kind of pixel art have you added into your town?

Looks great! BTW what did you use to make Homers top etc. white?
  • skippermeh wrote:
    waylenchoate wrote:
    skippermeh wrote:

Looks great! BTW what did you use to make Homers top etc. white?

White picked fences.
  • waylenchoate wrote:
    Haven't seen you around as much Simbass, good to see you posting again.

Hi neighbor :)
    I'm still around, just don't post so much those days, life and work keeps me busy but I'm here couple of times a day.
    I wish old regulars come back to this forum instead moving to shelbyville...
    But newer people are great too
    Awesome couch BTW :thumbup: