Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Any Treat Tips?

Egging your friends houses & TPing the trees is a good way to get treats. You get them randomly while doing this. Also when your friends do it to you, you also have the chance of getting treats.

Lots of characters have ways of getting more treats, keep doing quests with them to up your treat count. Killing zombies is the best way. Also once you have the Shop of Evil & Bad Dream House they will net you treats.

The Heck House also has quests associated with it where you can send certain characters there. Also using Mayan Homer, Devil Flanders & Witch Marge give treats with all their jobs.
  • Deadshot_DCU wrote:
    Egging your friends houses & TPing the trees is a good way to get treats. You get them randomly while doing this. Also when your friends do it to you, you also have the chance of getting treats.

Lots of characters have ways of getting more treats, keep doing quests with them to up your treat count. Killing zombies is the best way. Also once you have the Shop of Evil & Bad Dream House they will net you treats.

The Heck House also has quests associated with it where you can send certain characters there. Also using Mayan Homer, Devil Flanders & Witch Marge give treats with all their jobs.

I'm doing all of this the best way I can. :[ Except for the Witch Marge thing -- I don't want to bother paying for any of the ToH things unless I can be sure I am able to unlock all of the stuff first.
  • Then your best best is to keep doing everything you can. I'm sure you will have enough treats to score everything you want.

I'm down to only needing the Burns Monster. Currently sitting at around 92 treats and I need 300 total. Just keep at it man, you'll get there. Luckily the Halloween buildings were cheap. Only the Heck House and Burns Monster are expensive.
  • n2sports wrote:
    I wish I didn't spend donuts on the Wicked Tricks Box to get more treats. After buying everything I could with the treats, I am now left with 383 treats (and counting) and nothing to spend them on.

I am averaging 60-80 treats per day on TP'ing and egging other Springfields, as well as cleaning my own. Add that to squishing zombies, I will have more treats than I know what to do

n2sports,

I tried to post a question on the (beta) new EA Tapped Out! Answer HQ but got a server error message. I wanted to ask if the treats will convert automatically to cash or something useful after 1 Nov. I also have treats I can no longer use. Perhaps if you also try to post, we'll eventually get a response from HQ's moderator who seems to respond if several people ask the same question: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/bd-p/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out#

• Add heaps of friends so you have more chance of them vandalizing your Springfield and getting treats for cleaning up.

When you visit a friend, check to see if they have the money symbol above their graveyards or Mausoleums. Or even some of the Halloween buildings have the candy icon above it. If it does, collect those as you have the chance of getting treats/toilet paper/eggs. If they don't leave the Springfield and come back in a few hours and look again.

If they only have 1 building/graveyard with the treat/money symbol, collect it then go back to the neighbors screen. Re-enter that same Springfield and that same building/graveyard will have the symbol again. You can do this until you use up the 3/3 jobs.

Once you unlock Devil Flanders/Mayan Homer, make them start the 60min quest at the same time and every hour just collect and start the quest again. This is what I do with all my characters and it seems to bring in the most cash flow during the day.
  • I'm contemplating buying a $25 iTunes card. Is there TAX though? I'd like to know that. I've never bought an iTunes card before.

I'd end up getting:
    Cauldron - 90
    Ray Gun - 150
    Raven - 30 (Pointless I know, but it's a limited time, so why not?)
    Mausoleum - 60 (For the zombies and the treats primarily.)
    Squeaky Voice Teen - 30

That would be 360 treats, which is exactly $25. I'm wondering if there is tax on iTunes though..
  • xDaft_Punk wrote:
    I think you're confusing treats with donuts.

I am.

I've had a couple beers...
    Do you know if there's tax...? I don't wanna get $19.99 worth of donuts and not be able to get a $5 to add on because of a few cents.
  • @gazzajay, in the U.S. the tax may be taken out separately according to state laws. iTunes will add the tax on to the purchase. If you have a credit card on file, the amount over the $25 will be deducted from that.

@OrdealByFire
    Treats: Bart has a 10-minute quest for treats when he rides Kang around on his bike. Kang's quests are all for treats and he has a solo 10-minute quest.