Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Building Timer Reset?

My observation (based solely on my own town) is that tapping buildings still resets the timer. At least that's what has been happening for me...
  • jae_bazz wrote:
    My observation (based solely on my own town) is that tapping buildings still resets the timer. At least that's what has been happening for me...

I am still pretty new, but I've noticed shorter timers on houses that were tapped compared to the others which would seem to support that.
  • jae_bazz wrote:

Yup. It's especially obvious to me because most of my buildings synced up with each other over vday with no one but me to tap them, and now most of them are popping at different times than their "peers" that are all on the same length timer because I just get so many visitors :)
  • Thank you, that's good to know. I will continue to look around for the longest turnarounds when I tap.

A couple of other things...

1. Are we still limited to 100 friends?

2. It seems like buildings used to become available again, even if they weren't cleared, if their time ran out. You could always find some brown houses and the Simpson house open to tap, no matter how long it had been since that neighbor had checked in to their town. But lately, I see more and more towns that are flat out closed for business. I check back 15 minutes later, still nothing. Do the taps hold indefinitely now until the neighbor swoops through and taps them?

Again, thank you! I don't know what I would do without you all. You've saved my bacon (and my sanity!) at least a zillion times!!!!

• Yep, still limited to 100 friends. I wouldn't expect any update to change that, since it's an Origin thing, not just a Tapped Out thing.

hipmama197190 wrote:
    Do the taps hold indefinitely now until the neighbor swoops through and taps them?

This does seem to be the way, yeah. Handshake/graffiti must be cleared by the town's owner before another friend can tap the building. (This is pretty much why stackables are no more.)