Forum Discussion

10 years ago

corn

Nice!! I've still got a week or two left on mine.
  • I like planting corn, although this is only my second crop (first was Christmas corn) - like that guy in the informercial says "You just set it and forget it."

http://d2v4zi8pl64nxt.cloudfront.net/1334097967_73eb3f086812a3f2bc9a5e89db601cd2.jpg

It's super easy and I'm not constantly having to harvest and plant things (which is good for me, because I often forget). And the anticipation that comes with it because it takes so long makes it fun :D
  • suetopia wrote:
    I like planting corn, although this is only my second crop (first was Christmas corn) - like that guy in the informercial says "You just set it and forget it."

http://d2v4zi8pl64nxt.cloudfront.net/1334097967_73eb3f086812a3f2bc9a5e89db601cd2.jpg

It's super easy and I'm not constantly having to harvest and plant things (which is good for me, because I often forget). And the anticipation that comes with it because it takes so long makes it fun :D

hi Sue! but even if you "set it and forget it", don't forget to look at your corn now and then! i have numerous pix of my corn growing in different stages. i loved growing it and looking forward already to Independence Day Corn or something like that. :)
  • ax0n01 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    I like planting corn, although this is only my second crop (first was Christmas corn) - like that guy in the informercial says "You just set it and forget it."

hi Sue! but even if you "set it and forget it", don't forget to look at your corn now and then! i have numerous pix of my corn growing in different stages. i loved growing it and looking forward already to Independence Day Corn or something like that. :)

Oh yes - I do check it every now and then! You are right - the different stages it goes through are fun! :D
    The "Disco Corn" glitch during Christmas was also sort of neat in its own way (corn flickered when lights were put up on Cletus' farm in case you didn't see it).
  • suetopia wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

Oh yes - I do check it every now and then! You are right - the different stages it goes through are fun! :D
    The "Disco Corn" glitch during Christmas was also sort of neat in its own way (corn flickered when lights were put up on Cletus' farm in case you didn't see it).

yes, i saw the Disco Corn and have pix of that too. maybe i'll turn it into a gif!

how far along are you in your second corn harvest. do you think folks wanna start a 4th of July Corn harvesting party? or something along those lines?
  • ax0n01 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

yes, i saw the Disco Corn and have pix of that too. maybe i'll turn it into a gif!

how far along are you in your second corn harvest. do you think folks wanna start a 4th of July Corn harvesting party? or something along those lines?

Just over 41 days to go! I could speed it up with Witch Marge, though, if you wanted to do the math and see if we could get another mass harvest day. I'm Canadian, so the 4th of July isn't a holiday here, but I would still participate if that was the day decided on. I'm just wondering if there is a more universal holiday we could use, though, because more people from other countries may participate that way :D

• suetopia wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

Just over 41 days to go! I could speed it up with Witch Marge, though, if you wanted to do the math and see if we could get another mass harvest day. I'm Canadian, so the 4th of July isn't a holiday here, but I would still participate if that was the day decided on. I'm just wondering if there is a more universal holiday we could use, though, because more people from other countries may participate that way :D

Summer Solstice! it's the longest day (with sunlight) of the year. it's also the first day of summer i think. more daylight to harvest and eat the fruits of our labor. :) :lol:

we'll start a thread a week or two before the 90 starting mark to promote it. :thumbup:
  • ax0n01 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:

Summer Solstice! it's the longest day (with sunlight) of the year. it's also the first day of summer i think. more daylight to harvest and eat the fruits of our labor. :) :lol:

we'll start a thread a week or two before the 90 starting mark to promote it. :thumbup:

Sounds great! Thats a great day to pick! Yay! :D I like the sound of "Summer Solstice Corn" or "Solstice Corn"