Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Did you buy Donuts during the 25% sale?

I bought the store full with the walmart gift card as I had almost no premium items, I'm already down to about 250 donuts, so I'm debating getting some more before the deal runs out in a couple hours!

These digital donuts are worse then real ones... once you get a taste of them you can't stop! lol
  • Yes, I admit it, I'm a DONUT hoarder. I bought another boatload. I already have all the premium items, and had 109 in the bank, so I had no particular need for them. But considering how stingy EA is with sales, I figured I'd take advantage of the sale in preparation for the next update.
  • Bought the 900 with the free 225. I got the two things I wanted the most: Professor Frink and the Springfield sign. I also got Squeaky Voiced Teen and Hans Moleman. I don't regret spending the money because Hans Moleman is walking around in my Springfield getting hit in the junk with a football. Hoarding the rest until I figure out what other crap I want.
  • More than I thought... I had tried to buy donuts two weeks ago, but the transaction didn't go through and I ended up with two weeks of not being able to use my iPad to play TSTO. Last night I bought some donuts before the sale went away... And low and behold the donuts for both transactions showed up in my account... And I got the extra donuts from my original purchase from two weeks ago...

So Gil was very good to me... Plus, I no longer have the Apple ID issue when trying to play the game so he must have fixed my game before he left.
  • I did have bought them before but thought I may as well get some to have stored only got the 6.99 pack wish I had bought more
  • Yep, I succumbed to my first (and hopefully last) donut buy, buying a store load with the discounted Walmart card. Really only needed half that, since right now I only bought Frink's Lab, the Aztec Theater, SVT and a reindeer, but now I have some in the bank for future must-haves. I have respect for people who spend so much in this game, but I just can't bring myself to do it! $43.50 (including tax) is well worth a game I play several times a day, however!

And my Aztec Theater is sooooo pretty. :D
  • ^^Good choice with the Aztec, definitely one of my favorites. I bought the 300 package and so far I got Krustylu/Mel.
  • Jopa79 wrote:
    ^^Good choice with the Aztec, definitely one of my favorites. I bought the 300 package and so far I got Krustylu/Mel.

Thanks...I know there are "smarter" choices, but at the end of the day it should be about what you want! I figured Aztec + SVT was a fair compromise over the more popular Otto and bus.
  • Got the 375 and bought frink and volcano lair.
    Am regretting the lair a little bit (can't quite find a good place for it), should have gotten the brewery I think. Oh well, still good
  • itsmedanshep wrote:
    OrdealByFire wrote:
    I didn't. I planned on getting $50 worth, but then I realized I'd need to get another card just to pay for tax ... not worth it. Didn't care enough. Would have likely done it if I wouldn't've been charged tax.

Not a big loss for me ... the buildings in the free updates are plenty for me, and I'll probably get more premium buildings if this game keeps getting updates.

To my knowledge, you didn't need another card. I only had a $50 card. The tax was charged directly to my credit card but didn't have any bearing on my purchase.

Yes I would. Last time I got a card it was $25. I got $20 of Donuts. Luckily I had a $25 card, because I had less than $5 left due to the tax. I'd rather get taxed at the register than at home on iTunes.