Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Do you get push notifications

No I keep almost all the notifications off. So no one at work knows I have my iPod Touch on me.
  • kandycanada wrote:
    I was at the Doctor's one day when Homer did the da da da daaaa for the racetrack being ready. It ended up being pretty funny. But had I realized, I would have turned the volume off.

I like the notifications and I don't mind if they're on so long as I am not sleeping or out. I used to play with the volume on a lot more when I started, now, not so much. The notifications are helpful in the early stages when you're trying to save up some money. Now I turn them on because they amuse me.

On my iPad, I have always gotten notification when a friend has visited. But on Android, it only started up during Halloween. Homer used to say "Visitors! I better put on some pants!" But i'm not sure what he says now.

I have never had the racetrack notification, which is just sad. Even sadder is that I've never had Homer say the thing about putting on pants!! :cry: The last couple days I haven't been getting friends visiting notifications either. I'm on Android.
  • Maybe it matters what you're playing on?

I use a Kindle and I get "Better them than me!" "New Building!" and when the track is ready.

I've never gotten a visitor warning. :-(
  • I'm not certain he says the pants one for visitors any more.

And as I was typing this homer went MMMMMM Crops *drooling noise* lol. It's like he knew I was talking about him.

My favorite Homer saying notification thingy is when I exchanged 30,000 KL tickets into $100,000. He told me "that's gonna buy a lot of shrubs" I laughed
  • My Wife hates when the notifications go off sometimes cause they will come out of nowhere when i 1st started playing she was like WTH was that i was like oooh nothing just my Simpsons game lol.
  • hipmama197190 wrote:
    Maybe it matters what you're playing on?

I use a Kindle and I get "Better them than me!" "New Building!" and when the track is ready.

I've never gotten a visitor warning. :-(

Ditto, when mine are on. (I also get notifications for crops.) I saw a lot of people talking about visitor notifications over Halloween, but I never got those.
    The sounds can also break through the volume being turned all the way down, somehow.
  • I like push notifications. I do set my phone & iPad on silent due to the witches high pitched shrieks during Halloween. I got used to the silent mode lo. The notification shows on the home screen

I get alerts when tasks are done, who visits and when crops are ready
  • I have the notifications on, but have turned of the sound on them. The downside is that I miss the character voices when I play. But that's ok, I used to put my entire phone in silent mode, which made me miss a lot of work calls. This way, I can have the sound on, and recieve notifications, but I don't have to be embarrassed by Homer shouting "Better them than me" during meetings. :wink:

I get notifications of characters finishing tasks (although, usually just the first one if a lot of them finish around the same time), of springfield downs, channel six and the stage, as well as SP tile (when I still had that...) and friends visiting (again, not all if serveral visit around the same time).