Forum Discussion

9 years ago

EA, please let us store the Homerlayas

I crammed mine in the furthermost corner I could. I'm pretty much right there with you in wanting to create the most realistic town I can. I'm stuck with money mountain because the payout is too good to pass up, but I usually either skip things like the fortress of choclitude or stash them away in my inventory.

Personally I'd probably keep the Homerlayas out, even if it does throw the realism off some, but I'm pro making things inventory-able so we have the last say in buildings our Springfields how we want (which is kind of the point of the game).
  • Personally I'd much sooner they allow all the other mountain based items (Mount Carlmore, Satan's anvil etc) able to be placed in the mountain range as well as I think that they would look much better there.
  • bluehelm2013 wrote:
    It's a very cool prize, but I don't want it in my town right now. Goes against the more "realistic" feel I'm aiming for while building my Springfield.

What else have you decided to store? While a "realistic" feel sounds good in concept, it seems like that would be extremely hard in this game as a lots of the content is not realistic.
  • devilhunt1449 wrote:
    Personally I'd much sooner they allow all the other mountain based items (Mount Carlmore, Satan's anvil etc) able to be placed in the mountain range as well as I think that they would look much better there.

Yeah, i like that idea.

• no argument against the storage option.... but what isn't realistic about it? Not like there aren't real world examples of faces/heads/images carved into mountains.

• C0rgano wrote:

no argument against the storage option.... but what isn't realistic about it? Not like there aren't real world examples of faces/heads/images carved into mountains.

For me at least it's not so much what's realistic vs what isn't, since it is all fiction - it's more like what's canon vs what's just been added to the game cause it's cool (and personally I think the Homerlayas are pretty cool, but it's not like they're something that shows up repeatedly in the show).
  • stinkbugger wrote:
    bluehelm2013 wrote:
    It's a very cool prize, but I don't want it in my town right now. Goes against the more "realistic" feel I'm aiming for while building my Springfield.

What else have you decided to store? While a "realistic" feel sounds good in concept, it seems like that would be extremely hard in this game as a lots of the content is not realistic.

I've stored Death Mountain, Fortress of Lonelitude and the Re-Neducation Center among other things. Again, not that I don't think they're very cool -- and I enjoy seeing them placed in other towns. They just don't really "fit" inside the Springfield I've created. That may change in the future as I play, but for now I store overtly extravagant or mostly supernatural buildings/decorations.

(Although I will admit no Tapped Out Springfield will ever be truly "realistic" ... just something I generally lean toward)
  • I just realized today you can pick between the levels of the Homerlayas, so at least you can dial it down to just homer if you like. Makes it a bit less obvious.
  • I agree with everyone's ideas. Store everything. I remember being able to store the crafting buildings during Xmas and Halloween, and maybe even now. Why does that donut shop need to be out since we only ever access it by top right of screen? I think the only buildings that I understand having out is the SH tunnel, Simpsons house, and KL shuttle.
  • what is this Homerlayas...and how do you get one.....

Im really in the dark with this thing....I dont see it posted anywhere in the game????