Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Elf catching tips

Nice and thank you!
  • I haven't tested for sure, but my elves always seems to spawn near the cave/cannon as long as I don't wait too long between visits. I've had 6 spawn there at one time, so I'm guessing no more than 1.5 hours between visits if you don't want to do elf hunting?
  • Got the Island just now, gonna take it easy now for 7 days before there is another update, just neighbors who need help let me know, i will tab my canon and cave constandly.

:wink:
  • It usually takes me just shy of an hour to do friend taps so when I go back to my springfield 6 land at the cannon.
  • LastMinuteG wrote:
    I haven't tested for sure, but my elves always seems to spawn near the cave/cannon as long as I don't wait too long between visits. I've had 6 spawn there at one time, so I'm guessing no more than 1.5 hours between visits if you don't want to do elf hunting?

If it's just a few elves when you're coming into the game from startup, Krustyland, or the Neighborhood... Sure. They'll all or most drop beside the cannon. But if you're already in your town they crash down all over the place. I've spent many wasted minutes chasing them down - sometimes to just give up until later because I just can't find them.

I've been leaving my game open as much as possible so I can tap out the handshakes on the cannon and the Elf Cave door - because you get 5 bells each time you do it. Potentially you can earn an extra 1500 bells a day. Of course that requires every friend tap the ECD and Cannon, then loop around and hit one of them again after you cleared the handshakes. So I'm guessing I'm getting maybe 500 extra bells a day that way... Nope, just checked and I had to get around 1000 today based on what I had after this morning's Friend Actions.

If I can get all 660 possible bells from Friend Actions tomorrow... Nope, won't get the Tropical island - I've got a doctor's appointment and the weekly shopping trip. So it's looking like Wednesday for the island.

Anybody know if surplus bells earn donuts? 'Cause I could sure use some. My #2 town only has 3 (I bought the Channel 6 News Van to get the 4 hour task for the station).
  • mikeritjshua wrote:
    I thought you were going to suggest using the elf bottler.....
    :D :D

Good tips, though. Although I do like the bottler.
  • wadebear wrote:
    LastMinuteG wrote:
    I haven't tested for sure, but my elves always seems to spawn near the cave/cannon as long as I don't wait too long between visits. I've had 6 spawn there at one time, so I'm guessing no more than 1.5 hours between visits if you don't want to do elf hunting?

If it's just a few elves when you're coming into the game from startup, Krustyland, or the Neighborhood... Sure. They'll all or most drop beside the cannon. But if you're already in your town they crash down all over the place. I've spent many wasted minutes chasing them down - sometimes to just give up until later because I just can't find them.

I've been leaving my game open as much as possible so I can tap out the handshakes on the cannon and the Elf Cave door - because you get 5 bells each time you do it. Potentially you can earn an extra 1500 bells a day. Of course that requires every friend tap the ECD and Cannon, then loop around and hit one of them again after you cleared the handshakes. So I'm guessing I'm getting maybe 500 extra bells a day that way... Nope, just checked and I had to get around 1000 today based on what I had after this morning's Friend Actions.

If I can get all 660 possible bells from Friend Actions tomorrow... Nope, won't get the Tropical island - I've got a doctor's appointment and the weekly shopping trip. So it's looking like Wednesday for the island.

Anybody know if surplus bells earn donuts? 'Cause I could sure use some. My #2 town only has 3 (I bought the Channel 6 News Van to get the 4 hour task for the station).

Yep, Neuro confirmed in a previous post that an extra 4,000 bells gives you a chance for donuts. :D
  • brickevand408 wrote:
    Got the Island just now, gonna take it easy now for 7 days before there is another update, just neighbors who need help let me know, i will tab my canon and cave constandly.

:wink:

If you can help ... :D thanks.