Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Even more payout adjustments...

Lowered from 36 to 31 the currency per shovel
EA SERIOUSLY?
  • "meinaz;c-1630594" wrote:

This seems to be true for crafted items or things you can get multiples. Unique items seem to be the ones that come back with multipliers if they re-release them.
    You are correct about the multiplier items you mentioned in the other post but FYI the pig was from the Most Dangerous Game not Homer the Heretic.

Yes it was, thank you, it's late Friday night here and i'm winding down after six days at work... :relieved:
  • I was referring to the event mystery boxes, not the news van/billboard ones. I dont buy them very often. I think these are some of the better ones they've come up with. Sorry for the confusion. But I stand by everything else. Im just not impressed with this event in general. Its just not my cup of tea. Not everyone is going to love everything EA puts out. And the way they keep switching the payouts around is nuts. But thats a whole other issue entirely.
  • "daved7637397;c-1630601" wrote:
    I was referring to the event mystery boxes, not the news van/billboard ones. I dont buy them very often. I think these are some of the better ones they've come up with. Sorry for the confusion. But I stand by everything else. Im just not impressed with this event in general. Its just not my cup of tea. Not everyone is going to love everything EA puts out. And the way they keep switching the payouts around is nuts. But thats a whole other issue entirely.

Ah yes, I refer you to the answer I gave meinaz earlier ... haha.... but the event mystery boxes haven't seemed to appeal to me either, nothing strikes me as something i'd want, maybe because I didn't play previous events, maybe because I don't fancy the skins or perhaps, more realistically, I have a lot in my boxes and I don't wanna get burned spending hard earned doughnuts trying to get something and end up with useless (to me) stuff, never recovered from my pursuit of Brandine on Valentine's... Tried three times and on my last shot at it and all I got was Howards Flowers :cry: ...
  • How can anyone not want a two-nicorn? Id gladly pay all the donut I will ever earn just to have that little rainbow puking delight grace my town.

Ok maybe a bit of an overstatement, esoecially since I got him today for considerably less then all my future earnings. Honestly, thats all that jumped out at me from this one, however for 60 donuts there were some decent values to be had. And of course I come up with the worst one of all first, the freak show tent. But I guess thats the price you pay to see rainbow vomit!
  • I have been working so much it's even been hard for this almost 5 year vet to keep up. My main town will get all the prizes, I assume, but I can throw donuts there if needed. My crawl town didn't get Caveman moe and I kinda didn't care. That said I'm not even sure for the first time ever that I care if I get everything in my main town. I still like the game but it's not been designed for a long time for people who have to work. And even if I get some spare time I don't always want to tap, there's so much to check, storyline, mini games etc...
    The only thing that kinda bugged me for a minute was bringing back the florescent future flowers for cash after I decided I liked them and crafted all I could during the future event. Now I can buy them for $500.00? :/
    Hope I didn't derail the thread.
  • One can only derail the Rail Yard thread....

I agree about checking on the storyline when busy. I can quickly assign event tasks but reading the story when I'm busy can't be done and still be enjoyable very much, unfortunately.
  • "simp7fan;c-1630854" wrote:
    One can only derail the Rail Yard thread....

I agree about checking on the storyline when busy. I can quickly assign event tasks but reading the story when I'm busy can't be done and still be enjoyable very much, unfortunately.

I usually end up searching out the text somewhere like Topix and re-reading it at leisure ...especially when I've been at work myself and only have a quick minute to turn people around on event quests/tasks so had to tap away all the dialogue
  • Currently I’m saving up the event currency and shovels and hoping for something better in the pirate section. Liked the prehistoric section better than the Egyptian, though crafted a couple of things from Egypt, but have little interest.
    Willy9292
    Rising Adventurer
    "johncolombo;c-1630665" wrote:
    I have been working so much it's even been hard for this almost 5 year vet to keep up. My main town will get all the prizes, I assume, but I can throw donuts there if needed. My crawl town didn't get Caveman moe and I kinda didn't care. That said I'm not even sure for the first time ever that I care if I get everything in my main town. I still like the game but it's not been designed for a long time for people who have to work. And even if I get some spare time I don't always want to tap, there's so much to check, storyline, mini games etc...
    The only thing that kinda bugged me for a minute was bringing back the florescent future flowers for cash after I decided I liked them and crafted all I could during the future event. Now I can buy them for $500.00? :/
    Hope I didn't derail the thread.

I agree. Its almost impossible to have a mostly freemium town, not have 100 mill and 1000 donuts and be able to enjoy the last few events. I have a circle of RW tapper friends, and NONE of them finished act 1 and NONE will finish act 2. They did not access the glitch that would have been a help, and EA keeps downgrading the payouts. For the first time in a long time they are all reaching the point where they say why bother if the game is going to be structured to need so much premium, or the ability to feed it donuts constantly.