Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Finding nightmares is a nightmare

It definitely takes a lot longer. I removed all roads except 2 small strips in order to help my neighbors out. The zombies and snakes seem to congregate to the roads.
  • MrPMPisBeefy wrote:
    It definitely takes a lot longer. I removed all roads except 2 small strips in order to help my neighbors out. The zombies and snakes seem to congregate to the roads.

Did you keep those 2 roads by your landing zone? Searching a town trying to find the one and only short piece of road can sometimes take longer than following the road looking for things to tap.
  • Raven_Darkstorm wrote:
    In past events where you had to tap on some "thing" wandering around town there were a lot of them all over so you could in seconds have your 3 friend actions and move onto the next friend. But for some arbitrary reason this time around they are so few and inbetween I have to spend several minutes per friend. It took me almost hours to do my round compared to 20 minutes when it is just the regular building taps. Am I the only one?

I agree. This is the most painful event for friend visits at the moment. The snakes and bunnies drive me insane as not only are they small but the fact they are infrequent makes it easy for one to be hidden in a building and for you to miss it.

I hope they introduce things to increase the tap radius to speed this part of it up...
  • The friend visits are a bit difficult, but they usually give us some version of a vacuum tool. Maybe that will come around soon. The snakes are hard to see for sure. But I've noticed the zombies will come to you if you wait in one place. When i leave my game on, I'll come back and see a batch loitering conveniently on screen.

I'm finding the purple monsters in my own town are nearly impossible to catch. The game gets very laggy while they are on screen, and they disappear from under my tap! Slippery buggers.

Happy tapping

mikepellerin60
    Seasoned Newcomer
    As with past events, standing still in one spot (either in Friends' towns or yours) makes the tappables migrate towards you. It does make collecting a longer task, but it's worth it if you need the materials.

Edit: Ninja'd by 4junk3000, then a bunch of times cuz I can't spell.
  • Man finding things is hard why do games have to have a little challenge this is hard can't they just give me the things already I don't wants effort this is hard c'mon ea just hand it to us already I hate this it's like a puzzle or something I hate puzzles
  • smohqy wrote:
    Man finding things is hard why do games have to have a little challenge this is hard can't they just give me the things already I don't wants effort this is hard c'mon ea just hand it to us already I hate this it's like a puzzle or something I hate puzzles

Thanks for the humor. Don't get me wrong I'm not asking for easy button instant have it all. I just think that it taking ten times longer than the normal for the past who knows how many years for friend visits is a point of reference that something is wrong in the design of that for this event. I'll try the sit and wait at a spot of road and see if that trims this time down significantly.
  • seanharry wrote:
    smohqy wrote:
    Man finding things is hard why do games have to have a little challenge this is hard can't they just give me the things already I don't wants effort this is hard c'mon ea just hand it to us already I hate this it's like a puzzle or something I hate puzzles

Haha nice!

I know, right? :mrgreen:

However:

tilycoclem wrote:
    Love your friends and visit them regularly! :-)
  • That idea of only two or three roads works near the landing strip seems like a good idea for friends to visit.
  • I turned all my roads except 1 section into water. Town looks great and all the zombies etc. are found in one spot.
    Hopefully makes it easier on my friends.