Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Gates?

I use the iron railing for gates, it seems to work fairly well for the most part.
  • Gates will only be available in a Windows Phone version, if they make it for WP. Be warned that it will be the "Bill" version, and maybe not what you're really looking for. ;)
  • jusesp3914672 wrote:
    I use the iron railing for gates, it seems to work fairly well for the most part.

Yes, iron railing is a good substitute for a small gate. U can also use the iron railing to make an "open" gate. :wink:

I also find the Training Wall can be used as a nice small gate for the white blank walls. They won't fit exactly, but u can overlay the Training Wall against the white walls, the effect is equally good. 8)
  • I'm hoping to see a low, unobtrusive fence to put between grass and pavement, such as a path through a park.

A fence somewhat like this, only maybe metal posts with a thin chain in place of wood posts with rope:
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/174/6/7/rope_fence_by_elyceii-d3jt5q1.jpg
  • ladycatlow wrote:
    It would be nice to have some matching gates added. At the moment the only form of "gate" I have is a matching part of the fence turned at a 90 degree angle to look like an open gate. It doesn't look too bad done like that but my springfielders would prefer a bit more security to their homes! :)

This is what I do also, unless I have a real gate.

The people in the brown house really need security. :lol:
  • Gates are a pain because I often use iron fences so I can't use them as an open gate. I use Easter gates but I only got 2 and they already used for the banana dictatorship and the golden mansion. And the SF park gate has the writing, plus it uses an odd number of squares, so on th other side of the fence they are never even.
  • DeinonSlayer wrote:
    I'm hoping to see a low, unobtrusive fence to put between grass and pavement, such as a path through a park.

A fence somewhat like this, only maybe metal posts with a thin chain in place of wood posts with rope:
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/174/6/7/rope_fence_by_elyceii-d3jt5q1.jpg

:thumbup:

I also use iron railing or I use nothing. :-D