Forum Discussion

12 years ago

German Football

so you mean soccer
  • adnan-turk-e17 wrote:
    In terms of league football, the English league is by far better. International I would give it to Germany, they have so many talents coming up (Even though some of them are Turkish)

Even though some are Turkish? Bit of a stupid comment really considering the amount of mix raced players in the world who choose to play for a country which they have a connection to by relations.
  • mikeydluffy wrote:
    Miroslav Klose wasn't even born in Germany, yet has chosen to play for them. I don't think that can be said for the Spanish team or Brazilian for example.

So are you saying that because they are not pure German blood that they do not deserve to play for them? If I remember correctly his father is of German origin/descent making him eligible to play for the German National team. Rules are rules.
  • mikeydluffy wrote:
    Leon2683 wrote:
    mikeydluffy wrote:
    Miroslav Klose wasn't even born in Germany, yet has chosen to play for them. I don't think that can be said for the Spanish team or Brazilian for example.

So are you saying that because they are not pure German blood that they do not deserve to play for them? If I remember correctly his father is of German origin/descent making him eligible to play for the German National team. Rules are rules.

No that's not my point. Just pointing out that the German FA are looking for players not necessarily born in Germany. Says something about the quality of actual German born players at the FA's disposal I suppose. Has the current Spanish national team needed to employ players born outside of Spain? And there's my main point. They don't have to!!!

OK this is a fair point, finally someone had to speak some sense with evidence lol. But yes Spain are bringing kids from a much younger age which I guess Germany are missing...Although RULES ARE RULES!! But there are also many talented German born players as well which are either in or soon to reach the prime of their careers.
  • Leon2683 wrote:
    adnan-turk-e17 wrote:
    In terms of league football, the English league is by far better. International I would give it to Germany, they have so many talents coming up (Even though some of them are Turkish)

Even though some are Turkish? Bit of a stupid comment really considering the amount of mix raced players in the world who choose to play for a country which they have a connection to by relations.

I was having a laugh, Don't worry mate

It's just weird when you get players with names like Mesut Ozil, Ilkay Gundogan, Samed Ye?il, Emre Can that play for different countries even though their names are 100% Turkish.

But I do understand why they pick Germany over Turkey. More of a chance to win the World cup/Euro