Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Out of date email address?

Okay so I know that lots of you are in the same boat as me with a 8 year old game attached to a now defunct email.

I had managed to avoid the dreaded verification email debacle until today when I went to login and got the "confirm age" page followed by login with email verification.

So I finally bit the bullet and went to EA help to try to get my email changed, this is a summary of the dance they expect you to do just to play TSTO.

They will ask you to provide the following information:

• Mayhem number
  • Origin I.D
  • Original email address
  • I.P address where you usually play
  • Last 4 digits of credit card registered on the account
  • Date of birth
  • Full Billing address on the account
  • Telephone number
  • History of at least 2 purchases including items, price and date against the account.

On my 1st attempt I was able to give them all of the information except the purchase history, although I don't believe that I have ever registered a credit card with them directly (all my TSTO purchases have been made through the Play Store), nor do I believe that I ever gave them my phone number.
    I offered to give them specific details about my town to help them identify me but that wasn't an available option, so that attempt ended in failure and a load of old guff about protecting the security of my account.

Second attempt, I chose the live chat option again, and again I provide them with all the personal information required and this time I offer them the Pony Slaystation I.D that is also linked to my EA Account and I was able to supply them with the names & dates of 2 EA games that I had purchased through the PS Store in lieu of purchase history. He submitted the request but again the computer said No!

When I enquired what more information I could provide to achieve the switch, I was presented with even more guff about account security along the lines of they can't even tell you what information you failed the test on.
    At this point I'm lost as to how to proceed, the "live chat" option is mysteriously no longer available to me, but they seem to require more information than I even know about myself & certainly more than I've ever provided them in the past.
    I'd be interested to hear if anyone in this situation has managed to successfully get their email changed, cos it feels to me like deliberate obstruction to weed out the old accounts that haven't paid in to the pot for a while.
    Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated, if not this is looking like the end of the line for me.