Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Gil in neighbours town????

jack_glance wrote:
I've just been doing my daily rounds and noticed one of my neighbors has "Gil" walking about in his town??

How is this possible? As far as I'm aware hes never been released?

Anyone?

Gil sometimes comes around to have sales on premium items, but there isn't a sale right now as far as I know. Your neighbor...
a.) is a hacker
b.) hasn't updated their game since the last Gil sale
c.) is experiencing a strange glitch
Select the correct answer, and you get 1,000,000 dollars.
  • If the person participated in Easter, this must be a hack. Otherwise it's someone who hasn't played since the last Gil sale...
  • Someone mentioned you could trap him in another thread but I forgot which thread
  • drosax1 wrote:
    Someone mentioned you could trap him in another thread but I forgot which thread

You "could" trap him. I don't think you would be able to now. What happened was Gil use to wander in your town the entire time the Gil Sale was active. If you logged into your game while the sale was active and didn't log back in for an update or two, he became trapped in your town. My fiance's sub town has Gil trapped. You can't click him. He is basically a walking decoration.
  • No, it's not a hack. It happens because ever since a few months ago, the game makers made it so that when you visit a friends Springfield, you see their characters doing completely random tasks and animations, NOT the ones that their characters are actually doing at the time. The game just grabs an animation from the code, and plonks it down. Somehow, the animation of Gil walking around is one of those 'animations', so it will show you him if you visit. I'm not sure if he will appear each time, or not, though.
  • mwdalton wrote:
    No, it's not a hack. It happens because ever since a few months ago, the game makers made it so that when you visit a friends Springfield, you see their characters doing completely random tasks and animations, NOT the ones that their characters are actually doing at the time. The game just grabs an animation from the code, and plonks it down. Somehow, the animation of Gil walking around is one of those 'animations', so it will show you him if you visit. I'm not sure if he will appear each time, or not, though.

But like I said, Gil is trapped in my Fiance's feeder town. I've seen him by both visiting and on the actual game screen.
  • direwolf987 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    No, it's not a hack. It happens because ever since a few months ago, the game makers made it so that when you visit a friends Springfield, you see their characters doing completely random tasks and animations, NOT the ones that their characters are actually doing at the time. The game just grabs an animation from the code, and plonks it down. Somehow, the animation of Gil walking around is one of those 'animations', so it will show you him if you visit. I'm not sure if he will appear each time, or not, though.

But like I said, Gil is trapped in my Fiance's feeder town. I've seen him by both visiting and on the actual game screen.

Huh.............cool! :D
  • direwolf987 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

You tell him mate :lol: