Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Globex- Cypress Creek episode

LOL it just came on tonight!! I had forgotten how fuckin funny it was!
Love how that happens so much here- If you think it they will come. Oh, and this is the first time I've watched reg tv in about a month. Lol hate commercials.
  • Watched it as well and said the same thing to my wife about the episode being centered around in the game currently. :smiley:
  • Haven't seen this episode for a long time, but I'm positive I have it on DVD. Will check it out.
  • You should, it was really funny. I had forgotten just how crazy Scorpio was lol all light and sunshine while bombing and shooting the pesky government soldiers.
  • The Cypress Creek / Globex episode is definitely up near the top of my list of classic Simpsons episodes and certainly worth a watch if you have never seen it before or haven't watched it for a long time.
  • "spritals148;d-97589" wrote:
    Lol hate commercials.

You need a DVR. I never watch commercials unless something in them catches my eye. Usually just skipping though them tells me what product is: feminine hygiene (nope), bathroom cleaner (nope), fancy new car (nope)...
    What I hate is the way they hack up the older stuff. I re-watched Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire recently and was disappointed that they wide-screened it by cutting off the top and bottom and snipped it here and there for length.
  • I think that direct-to-consumer advertising on television was new when this episode came out. Claritin's first ad came out in the mid-90s and never said what it was for.
  • "ArmpitAttack;c-1611480" wrote:
    I like it when they list side effects for 90 seconds and then you realize they never actually told us what the drug supposedly does as its main effect. Is that an oversight, or have they found that people will rush out and take any new drug regardless of what it's for, so telling us its purpose is almost counterproductive ???

Yes. And no. Not necessarily in that order either.
  • "petehd14;c-1611487" wrote:
    I think that direct-to-consumer advertising on television was new when this episode came out. Claritin's first ad came out in the mid-90s and never said what it was for.

I remember that ad! Lol had a dr put me on it and I was surprised we were just laughing about not knowing what the hell it was lol