Forum Discussion

11 years ago

House farm

Just looks disorganized to me...can't really say if it's a house farm without seeing more. Why does it matter?
  • lukeout007 wrote:
    Why do people care if their neighbors have a house farm? I really am curious...the way I see it it's just more to tap. I don't really care how their town looks...

OP wanted to know what a house farm was, so I thought some pictures would clarify what I think people mean by it.

So long as I can tap in their town and they tap in mine, I'm unlikely to unfriend them.

I do have some neighbors with awesome designs and ideas. Some of them are forum members, so we can discuss town designs. I've received some good feedback, which I asked for, regarding my town.
  • lukeout007 wrote:
    Neglecterino wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:
    Why do people care if their neighbors have a house farm? I really am curious...the way I see it it's just more to tap. I don't really care how their town looks...

OP wanted to know what a house farm was, so I thought some pictures would clarify what I think people mean by it.

So long as I can tap in their town and they tap in mine, I'm unlikely to unfriend them.

I do have some neighbors with awesome designs and ideas. Some of them are forum members, so we can discuss town designs. I've received some good feedback, which I asked for, regarding my town.

I'm not referring to anyone in particular. I'm just curious because most of the time when someone says the words "house farm" on here there are several responses with people talking about deleting house farming neighbors and such. I just don't get it.

I think they just don't like the way it looks and so want a different neighbor. Not in my criteria for unfriending, and sounds like not in yours either.

• I have a house farm but it was annoying to me how my town looks, so I changed it a bit. Is it still a house farm?
    http://www.auplod.com/u/dloaup347cc.jpeg
    http://www.auplod.com/u/opluda347ce.jpeg
    http://www.auplod.com/u/lpudao347d0.jpeg
    http://www.auplod.com/u/oldupa347d1.jpeg
  • @inusiax: I like the way you've done it. If you are worried about getting unfriended for it, don't be. There are plenty of people to be friends with.

You redid it because you did not like what you had before. Same reason I redid mine. And I just recently got enough money to spread my blue farm out. Still working on it, but I'll get pics in a minute.

I made the "roads" out of the pavement so I could set things on it.
    Rod and Todd like to use the seesaw.

• lukeout007 wrote:
    I'm just curious because most of the time when someone says the words "house farm" on here there are several responses with people talking about deleting house farming neighbors and such. I just don't get it.

You just don't get it, or you just don't agree?

IF you actually don't get it, here are some possible reasons:

- some players favor the creative town building aspect of this game. So they prefer to see the creative efforts from others when they select neighbors to add to their list.
    - some develop the belief that the level of creativity in town design reflects their level of devotion to the game. When tapping neighbors becomes a significant amount of work, they want that work to be distributed among people they perceive are working similarly hard.
    - some feel remorse that they cannot afford to purchase premium features. When they see towns with premium features that do not reflect the same level of dedication as their own, they may feel jealousy which becomes mild animosity.
    - some feel it is a shortcut to gaining money quickly, which they do not agree with

These are just some possible reasons. There could be many other individual reasons. Most are based upon individual perception, because the farm sends a nonverbal message that usually cannot be confirmed unless you attempt to PM them.

But hopefully now you can understand, whether or not you agree.

Some of my neighbors have them, and it usually means there is always something to tap upon visiting.
    but i never have. I prefer a most realistic town design possible.
    Happy tapping!
  • PASTOR_LEITAO wrote:
    Neglecterino wrote:
    From searching the forum I see this topic keeps coming up (What's a house farm?), so I thought I'd take two pictures.
    This next is a also a farm, but some attempt has been made to spread the houses out and put in some decorations.

pic removed

That's a communist Springfield xD

They call them Zero-Lot-Line Houses where I'm from. :wink:

• I have a blue house farm that wraps the north and the east side of my SF like a frame. It's two houses wide so it doesn't take much space from my town despite being around 50 houses total. I won't take it off because I need the zircon to put in my gold mansion.
  • if you buy all of the land you'll have lots of room to put a strip of 100 houses out of the way where you wont even notice