Forum Discussion

13 years ago

How to spend my donuts ...

If you never really use them to rush buildings or jobs, I'd get the Squeaky Voiced Teen. But then gain, you can get him from a Mystery Box if EA ever decides to let us get something other then a Parking Lot or Newspaper Despenser.
  • Ok, update ...

Since my OP I obtained 2 more donuts, for a total of 33. I decided to spend on 1 Buddha and 3 mystery boxes. I thought I'd share my results so others can get an idea of what they can expect.

Buddha = burning bush

Box #1 = wooden fence
    Box #2 = wooden fence
    Box #3 = gazebo

All in all, * poor results. *sigh*
  • Anyone else annoyed at accidentally spending donuts when collecting cash from houses?

Wish they would add a confirm dialog box.

Tib
  • omg, I'm ready to cry REAL TEARS. I was trying to navigate my premium list and accident bought bumblebee man 40 freak donuts! I had 70 donuts and I AM SO ANGRY I'M IN TEARS!! I wish I could sell him. I had been hording donuts for months. This is unreal. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :-( :thumbdown: :(
  • gunngirl184 wrote:
    omg, I'm ready to cry REAL TEARS. I was trying to navigate my premium list and accident bought bumblebee man 40 freak donuts! I had 70 donuts and I AM SO ANGRY I'M IN TEARS!! I wish I could sell him. I had been hording donuts for months. This is unreal. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :-( :thumbdown: :(

Hes 60 donuts not 40, if he somehow only cost you 40 then you got a bargain...
  • Ah, the mystery box strikes again. Incessantly mediocre with disappointment rates through the roof. Oh, and as a general rule, probably not best to gamble using your last 30 dollars... or donuts in this case :wink: especially with such unfavorable odds.

gunngirl184 wrote:
    omg, I'm ready to cry REAL TEARS. I was trying to navigate my premium list and accident bought bumblebee man 40 freak donuts! I had 70 donuts and I AM SO ANGRY I'M IN TEARS!! I wish I could sell him. I had been hording donuts for months. This is unreal. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :-( :thumbdown: :(

Yeah clicking on a premium item and accidently buying it is WAYY too easy. At least bumblebee man is kind of cool, he's not bad. I wish I had him! I did the exact same thing as you, right as I was gonna buy something way better i accidentally bought stupid Bart Raven. He's 100% useless and utterly annoying. Clicking on him is a joke, he flaps his wings like an * hole just to remind me of how much I hate him. We need confirmation buttons on all things premium.. So for the OP or anyone browsing the premium items menu, be cautious and make sure you slide without clicking.
  • Bought the Bart Raven myself as I wanted the Halloween set but wish I hadn't, it's a useless as the burns monster and thanksgiving balloons, won't be buying them either!

Mystery boxes and a Homer Buddhas's are generally accepted as things to avoid using donuts for as they can and very often do just give you items you can use in game cash to obtain. Also if you play daily you get a MB every 5 days so I see no point in using donuts on them anyway.

Best I got out of a MB was the SVT in one game and a lemon tree in the other but apart from that just low cost decorations. Would get an MB or Homer Buddha if you were at least guaranteed to get something worth the cost, a sort of no loss situation and you don't feel cheated!
  • autographz wrote:
    gunngirl184 wrote:

Hes 60 donuts not 40, if he somehow only cost you 40 then you got a bargain...

It could be worse. I've burned all of my donuts by clicking on Speed Up on houses, and to make matters worse a couple of them were about 2 minutes from being complete.

EA really should add a CONFIRM button for these things.
  • Oh God, you're right. 60 donuts just made me sick. I was pretty much out of it after I "bought" him. I was actually thinking of spending real cash for donuts to help me bump up a little so I can get either the Springfield sign or Frinks Lab. I can't believe that happened. I know it's just a
    Game but I had not spent 1 donut thus far and this happens!!

Even worse are the crap things you can get for real cash or donuts. It's over 100
    For $15,000. Really? You can just BARELY buy land with that and they want 100+ donuts?!? Ugh!