Forum Discussion

11 years ago

I broke down and spent 150 donuts

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/52/52b48e1bea6b99cf751d09230c2ec9fb88fa3c32e95fe7d20df3a33acea2ac7b.jpg

I know I did! :)
  • I think you're right - it's better to obtain items during an event than pay the premium price later. Unless there's a Gil sale...
  • Congrats. Nice to see a good news post for a (very rare) change.

I only need three things to clear all the boxes - the Egg Council Guy which I'm really not bothered about, Father Sean and Shary Bobbins. The chances of me getting two decent prizes are slim to zero so I'm not wasting any donuts.

I finished the quest line weeks ago though and I haven't got the FB egg, despite using Witch Marge to harvest carrots every 2 hours and clearing my SF regularly. I'm more upset about missing the egg than the two characters as it would have looked nice in the maze behind my Burns Manor, along with the golden statue of Smithers and the World's Largest Cubic Zirconia.

I suppose it's worth spending donuts if you still need quite a few items from the boxes, as the chances are you'll get at least a couple of them. The less you need though, the less it's worth risking it.
  • luckyzl230 wrote:
    Well, I did it.
    With 5 hours left in the countdown, I broke down and bought some eggs.

Remind you I only had the Blocko Store and Hugs bunny and everything cleared from my pink common box.
    So what did I get?

Johnny Fiestas
    3 Kodos Topiary
    3 Kang Topiary
    Banana Republic
    and Father Sean

Oh and got the last 8 fences I needed to get my 50 and some donuts back.

I know things could have went the other way but after looking at it. I had not spent a donut at all during the event. So if I at least get Jonny Fiestas then it was worth it as I would have gave 150 donuts for that alone.
    Not only did I get it, I also got the Banana Republic, and Father Sean.

I would have spent more if those prizes were premium items for sale and not even on the wheel.

So in all. I spent 150 donuts in this event and got (main things) Blocko Store, Johnny Fiestas, Banana Republic, Hugs Bunny and Father Sean

150 donuts well spent in my opinion. :D

Do the math, if you have almost at 80 gold boxes i would spend 50 donuts more for shari bobbins (9 boxes - 50 donuts)
  • WOW, you know that wasn't something I even thought about grrrr.
    I remember reading that in the beginning about guaranteed at a certain amount of boxes.
    But then again I never counted my boxes like I should have.
  • I bought 50 donuts worth of Gold. Only got crap to show for it. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but I just wanted Hugs Bunny and Sherry Bobbins (I managed to get Bart Jr/Chirpy boy on my LAST pink box). I was hoping against all hope that I would get them, but it didn't happen.

I immediately exited the game and updated it to remove Easter. I hope we never have Easter again. I'd much rather have Whacking Day than Easter. At least Whacking Day had achievable prizes.
  • luckyzl230 wrote:
    WOW, you know that wasn't something I even thought about grrrr.
    I remember reading that in the beginning about guaranteed at a certain amount of boxes.

I have opened 114 gold boxes now, luckily I did get Father Sean......but still no Sharry Bobbins. I can't believe that I fell victim to one of the classic blunders.

• jjnag1971 wrote:
    luckyzl230 wrote:
    WOW, you know that wasn't something I even thought about grrrr.

I have opened 114 gold boxes now, luckily I did get Father Sean......but still no Sharry Bobbins. I can't believe that I fell victim to one of the classic blunders.

Both of these made me LOL IRL.
  • No idea how many gold boxes I have opened (at least 4 x the 50 donut truckload, plus extra gold donuts from all three types of boxes), but I have 5 Kodos, 4 Kang, 10 Easter gates, and 42 pastel fences (so that's 21 spins) - and still no Shari Bobbins.