Forum Discussion

11 years ago

I'm done!

fenwickl wrote:
I have not seen a basket for about 10 days now, and I don't actually care anymore. This Easter quest has taken all the joy out of TSTO for me, and as a level 40 freemium player, I'm not a habitual quitter by nature, but I've had enough. So I'm out. No more frustration at bashing bunnies and opening disappointing boxes. No more fences or Easter ponds. No more eggs. NO MORE! If you are one of my neighbours and you want to unfriend me, do so with my blessing. I will understand.
I'm not visiting anyone anymore, I'm not even visiting my own Springfield so I suppose my neighbours will run out of eggs to tap on.
I'll pick it up again in a couple of weeks, when this madness is over, hopefully the inevitable extension to this hell will be over by then too.
Good luck to everybody still searching for that elusive Faberge egg. Me - I'm out!

That actually sounds like a very healthy response to what this event has been doing to a lot of us.

Hope you have a better time when you return. :)
  • Instead of making a complaint thread myself, I too, am quietly gonna call the quits for now. To say I'm frustrated in an understatement because I'm actually angry now. Never mind the not getting any baskets/egg in two weeks while playing every day, numerous times might I add. The new android bug where my phone crashes every two minutes is the nail in the coffin. My phone literally crashed 23 times yesterday and I didn't even get through the "S's" of my friends before I just gave up. Started off the same way today, six crashes and not even ten friends in.

So, sorry and goodbye to my friends for now. I just can't visit your towns and collect eggs without wanting to throw a fastball with my phone. Hopefully the bug will get fixed soon but I already know I won't finish the event. Sorry to bump a formal complaint thread but I had to vent a bit. Cheers!
  • NMayo wrote:
    rwvolture wrote:
    The fact I can't even build or remove pavement or roads anymore has totally made me HATE this game

yeah man that sucked bad... I had to remove all the bridges in my town to be able to even be able to staaaaart fixing the roads.. that bridge glitch sucks soo bad..

It won't even let me do that, it just freezes :evil:
  • jordomac24 wrote:
    There's probably 30 or so people on my friends list (or were on my list, I've deleted some that haven't played for weeks) that have taken the same approach as the OP (or quit entirely), which has made it more difficult for me to collect enough eggs to get more prizes.

But these wheel of chance/randomized prize events are just maddening. It wouldn't be so bad if so many of the prizes weren't so useless that it just feels like a kick to the groin when you collect an egg pile after hours of bunny zapping and egg exchanging.

At least get rid of the decorations that serve no purpose after hitting it once. One pond, one gate, one egg pile. That's fine. Hit them once, replace them with 250 pink or blue eggs or donuts. Remember when events used to reward us with donuts if we finished early/succeeded?

I enjoyed Whacking Day's prize reward method (not necessarily the collection method) where you just had a running tally and you got prizes as you hit milestones. At least you knew you would get the prize. This is just a cheap stunt to drive you to buying donuts. Not going to work on me. Not a chance. In fact, I'm far less likely now to buy donuts than I ever was.

And it's not like EA didn't see this coming. You can bet they included the donut bonus for 50 fences because they knew people were going to be irate about collecting so many decorations and getting nothing for it.

This is what I and many others HATE about this update: I busted my thumbs to get 2,000 blue eggs, my common color, and then find enough neighbors with baskets to change to 1,000 pink eggs. I bought the 2 pink baskets, to get 300 gold eggs twice. Awesome, I thought, for a gold box. I don't have any of the playable characters. I opened the gold box to get. . . 250 blue eggs. After 2 days of collecting, WTF?