Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Incongruous Elixir Amounts

PirateBlackbeard wrote:
If I attack a neighbor, I get 18 elixirs. If I attack a random stranger, I get 70 (or 140 for their castle). It seems like this update isn't encouraging people to interact with their neighbors. Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything, it's been like that since the start of the update. EA hadn't made a secret of it, many people are using random/revenge attacks as their strategy because of it :)
  • There are currently four glitches of this type. EA has been notified of all of these.

Attacking:

Random town

Castle
    Win: 140 Elixir, 50 Gold
    Lose: 10 Elixir, 2 Gold

House
    Win: 70 Elixir, 25 Gold
    Lose: 5 Elixir, 2 Gold (Glitch: 5,1)

Friend's town

Castle
    Win: 25 Elixir, 10 Gold
    Lose: 10 Elixir, 2 Gold (Glitch: 5,1)

House
    Win: 18 Elixir, 8 Gold
    Lose: 5 Elixir, 1 Gold (Glitch: 2,1)

Defending:

Castle or House
    Won: 20 Elixir, 10 Gold (Glitch: 10,5)
    Lose: 10 Elxir, 5 Gold
  • Hmm, I'm way ahead and have just my last prize to get (to be fair I'm disabled and pretty addicted so I also have a lot more time to devote to the game than many though I will say while I do some premium play I haven't thought anything from CoC was worth my money so I'm where I am all on free play) but I noticed in the last few days, I guess since the update, that this glitch must be affecting me too. I've seen a number of 2,1 or 5,1. I thought that seemed low but I log in so much its easy to lose track but suddenly I went from maybe 10,000 elixir a day to upgrading so I make even more needs than before but yet I've been getting only 3,000 elixir or even less. I wondered why things slowed so. I wasnt worried because I thought at the rate it had been I would be all done by now and bored to death for the next month but now I'm wondering- is it worth reporting this to EA? It seems they are aware?

Also I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but is it a glitch that I sometimes go to large towns and the game gets laggy because literally every character they have (I have like 60 and I'm a newer but high level player, these players must often have at least 100 characters!) start pouring out of Springfield Elementary all at once. I have screenshotsi . I have no issue loading big towns when the characters are spread out but when I click a random town and they all pour out of the school at once, I can hardly play. Is that just me? Is it a known issue?
  • awshux915 wrote:
    Neglecterino wrote:
    awshux915 wrote:
    Neglecterino wrote:
    Now wait more than 12 hours before you start the game again.

This is the part I have trouble with. Patience isn't my strong suit. :lol:

Ha! :)

12 is just an example. Put on enough nerds per building to knock it down to whatever time works for you.

So is the payout per nerd or per attack? Does having 2 nerds attack 2 houses (assume you get the credit for the completion using the time glitch) pay the same as having 2 nerds attack 1 house under the same assumption? I would think the former (2 defeated houses paid out) would exceed the latter (1 defeated house paid out even though it took less time).

Per attacked building.
  • TzipiTzipora wrote:
    Hmm, I'm way ahead and have just my last prize to get (to be fair I'm disabled and pretty addicted so I also have a lot more time to devote to the game than many though I will say while I do some premium play I haven't thought anything from CoC was worth my money so I'm where I am all on free play) but I noticed in the last few days, I guess since the update, that this glitch must be affecting me too. I've seen a number of 2,1 or 5,1. I thought that seemed low but I log in so much its easy to lose track but suddenly I went from maybe 10,000 elixir a day to upgrading so I make even more needs than before but yet I've been getting only 3,000 elixir or even less. I wondered why things slowed so. I wasnt worried because I thought at the rate it had been I would be all done by now and bored to death for the next month but now I'm wondering- is it worth reporting this to EA? It seems they are aware?

Also I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but is it a glitch that I sometimes go to large towns and the game gets laggy because literally every character they have (I have like 60 and I'm a newer but high level player, these players must often have at least 100 characters!) start pouring out of Springfield Elementary all at once. I have screenshotsi . I have no issue loading big towns when the characters are spread out but when I click a random town and they all pour out of the school at once, I can hardly play. Is that just me? Is it a known issue?

Long time known issue.
  • Yup I just attack random invaders, although I still do normal friend visits.
  • awshux915 wrote:
    Neglecterino wrote:
    awshux915 wrote:
    Neglecterino wrote:
    Now wait more than 12 hours before you start the game again.

This is the part I have trouble with. Patience isn't my strong suit. :lol:

Ha! :)

12 is just an example. Put on enough nerds per building to knock it down to whatever time works for you.

So is the payout per nerd or per attack? Does having 2 nerds attack 2 houses (assume you get the credit for the completion using the time glitch) pay the same as having 2 nerds attack 1 house under the same assumption? I would think the former (2 defeated houses paid out) would exceed the latter (1 defeated house paid out even though it took less time).

It's per attack. You get the same for each house/castle destroyed no matter how many nerds you sent.
  • dancingmama4 wrote:
    I was asked by EA help to post my issue here. I am receiving odd amounts of elixir and coins from attacks. I almost always only get 2 or 3 elixir and 1 coin. I send out 45 nerds about six times a day to neighbors and randoms and the results remain the same. EA gave me 15 free doughnuts to "make up" for my loss. While I love doughnuts, this does not cover the coins and elixir lost!

Everybody is being sent here and there. You get a few donuts in glitch but the situation is not solved. I think I have suffered it since the very beginning of the event.
    Most of us probably have... but just were not paying attention. Who would have thought in their darkest nightmares that the basis of the event (what you get for your actions) was rotten?
    Probably no hope to see a solution.
  • TzipiTzipora wrote:
    Hmm, I'm way ahead and have just my last prize to get (to be fair I'm disabled and pretty addicted so I also have a lot more time to devote to the game than many though I will say while I do some premium play I haven't thought anything from CoC was worth my money so I'm where I am all on free play) but I noticed in the last few days, I guess since the update, that this glitch must be affecting me too. I've seen a number of 2,1 or 5,1. I thought that seemed low but I log in so much its easy to lose track but suddenly I went from maybe 10,000 elixir a day to upgrading so I make even more needs than before but yet I've been getting only 3,000 elixir or even less. I wondered why things slowed so. I wasnt worried because I thought at the rate it had been I would be all done by now and bored to death for the next month but now I'm wondering- is it worth reporting this to EA? It seems they are aware?

Not necessarily a glitch. If I'm pressed for time I may send more than the quest demand. Or I'll send all the stonecutters to a meeting, etc. Never everyone. You can never send all the characters to one place because there is no one task place in common among them. But I get your point. I save time when the task is finished. I tap once on the building instead of hunting down each of those characters. If you're using all the land you'll find that it can be time consuming and dull. I like that EA made it easier to assign tasks by putting all the characters that are available in the top left of your screen.

A "tap all" button to free up every one, anywhere, from their completed tasks simultaneously would be a welcome addition.

P.S.: how did we get here from incongruous amounts of elixir? :lol: