Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Krustyland Vs Squidport

I personally don't focus too much on KL because it takes a while to build up tickets whereas with the SP there are business that increase your overall XP and cash.
  • Also if you implement the tile glitch you won't be paying for the tiles AND the shops.
  • Early on, neither will earn you money for your main Springfield.

Squidport's role, at least during the initial progression, is to be a huge cash sucker rather than a money maker. Each building, land expansion, and tile will cost you increasingly more and keep you perpetually broke.

I would go ahead and start it anyway so you can start collecting tiles before they shut that down, but don't get sucked into buying the buildings until you are far along with your main town.

Krustyland also diverts revenue from your main town since your characters will have to go there to perform tasks, but it adds another element to gameplay. It's worth placing the bus when you can afford it, but it can wait. Just make sure you pick up the Happy Little Elves' ride before the Christmas event is over.
  • When you complete Krustyland You can convert tickets to SP cash. There is also Sideshow Mel where you can get 5 donuts every 100 games.

I would recommend that you concentrate on one before tackling the other. It is possible to do both at the same time but characters that could be making Sp $ will have to be used to make Krustyland Tickets and not all characters can go to Krustyland. Some can not even go until you complete a building
  • Thanks guys. I'll hold off on Krustyland and building too much in SP. I tried to initiate the glitch. Somebody tapped it, but I still only got one tile. I guess I have to just let it sit awhile and wait for more taps?

Thanks again guys. I appreciate the help!
  • What I am curious about squidport is this. Why does it take more money and more days to build the same size section of the boardwalk than it did when the boardwalk first started being built. This is a crock. I could understand this if the sections were larger.
  • TT_Degnan wrote:
    BaronVonHell wrote:
    Thanks guys. I'll hold off on Krustyland and building too much in SP. I tried to initiate the glitch. Somebody tapped it, but I still only got one tile. I guess I have to just let it sit awhile and wait for more taps?

Thanks again guys. I appreciate the help!

Yep, wait until you have at least 2 handshakes (3 to be safe in case you accidentally tap it with just 1), and only then tap down to 2
    Bear in mind that most people aren't tapping tiles right now either, as they don't give cards...

I know I'm definitely not, lol.
  • Squidport for me was just a few spots of land and a bunch of expensive buildings.

Krustyland on the other hand was a nice diversion from the cash crunch. Many people didn't like it because they couldn't spend their millions of dollars and have everything at the drop of a hat, but I think that bias is misplaced.

Its great for an aspiring player who wants to build an amusement park and working through krustyland taught me a lot about how to build a nice attractive springfield. I really enjoy building the buildings and laying out the land.

As things progress, ea adds new attractions. We got one for halloween and we got one for christmas.

I would definitely go for krustyland first. Eventually you will build both of them

Don't let squidport hold up what could be a fun and exciting theme park for your characters to enjoy :-)
  • snowyriver32 wrote:
    Squidport for me was just a few spots of land and a bunch of expensive buildings.

Krustyland on the other hand was a nice diversion from the cash crunch. Many people didn't like it because they couldn't spend their millions of dollars and have everything at the drop of a hat, but I think that bias is misplaced.

Its great for an aspiring player who wants to build an amusement park and working through krustyland taught me a lot about how to build a nice attractive springfield. I really enjoy building the buildings and laying out the land.

As things progress, ea adds new attractions. We got one for halloween and we got one for christmas.

I would definitely go for krustyland first. Eventually you will build both of them

Don't let squidport hold up what could be a fun and exciting theme park for your characters to enjoy :-)

Oh, the characters actually travel there? Sweet! I'll at least open it up then. I don't have a lot of interest in Squidport, to be honest. I already bought the Captain, which is all I really wanted from it.
  • snowyriver32 wrote:
    Squidport for me was just a few spots of land and a bunch of expensive buildings.

Agree. I was able to get to five stars at KL and will be working on land expansion and beautification. Nice to have somewhere to escaoe to :lol: