Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Moving Mountains

So, given that we learned during the tunnel glitch that the central row of mountains dividing SH from SF can technically be removed and that the land under it is usable... and given that there are frequent calls for more land...

... why not make the central mountain range movable / store-able, freeing up land at no cost of system / game resources? Perhaps at a "terraforming" cost, even?
  • "daved7637397;c-1636421" wrote:
    "4junk3000;c-1636416" wrote:
    "sjsebayacc131;c-1636344" wrote:

Is Nelson mocking you?

Yes! But thank you. You're welcome to send a friend req if you want to see more.

Do you have room for one more? I would love to see your work

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b8/13/ed/b813ed1faa08e8b0d0aea129ac6ee48f.jpg
  • "4junk3000;c-1636416" wrote:
    "sjsebayacc131;c-1636344" wrote:

Is Nelson mocking you?

Yes! But thank you. You're welcome to send a friend req if you want to see more.

Sent. I'm so excited to see your town.
  • "4junk3000;c-1635430" wrote:
    "IckabodSchrek;c-1635429" wrote:
    @4junk3000 That looks awesome. Do you have to move all the track on one side of the tunnel? :( I had to do that in my town and it took a really long time, but it was worth it.

I would have to move the entire system on the SF side to sync with the tunnel,because I wasn't using one before, thanks to the glitch. I just had track going to SH.

But even if I could move my entire system which would require redesigning everything near it to accommodate the shift, the dam can't stay where it is anyway. I bought it specifically because it's the first feature to attach to rivers, and where it's at, it does not connect. That's why I tried the bridge. But it looks flawed.

Today has been a crap-tap-ular day. First blowing all my donuts for a castle that went right into storage, now ruining one of my favorite town features.

Thanks for the compliment though. I'm going to leave it for now I guess. I wonder if it's worth requesting a roll back to previous restore point? That would likely kill whatever slim chance I have of getting the final prize. Which I'll likely miss anyway. =(

I get ya man, i do.

No one seems to understand (or maybe they are too mesmerized, so i'll try and take a crack at it)

The tunnel offsets the track by exactly one pixel.
    Done.

For those that understand, yeah it is a very real issue, for those that dont:
    The smallest track is equivalent to the length of 2 pixels (or squares, etc.) literally requiring you to move everything 1 square, tile, pixel etc. in order to accommodate the monorail.
    Why does one have to move the whole thing? Because if you do not move everything, at some point you will notice that the track does not fully connect, creating a monorail that doesnt fully go in circles, simply goes into 99% of a circle and goes back.

This can be greatly annoying. not to mention the inside of the tunnel slightly curves the track (like an s curve) which is the cause of the offset, unfortunately this requires moving all track both sides of the tunnel.....
    So i do empathize i know the feeling...
    https://media.giphy.com/media/9xPGSCdEugVDa/giphy.gif

I too am for it, while i enjoy some mountain range the ones around SH seem unnecessary, especially if they'll connect to Springfield anyways, if an option to replace them with other mountain ranges was a viable option that would be better (as technically that is what i am doing now, just replaced those mountains with a different set of mountains)
  • @4junk3000 a german youtuber may have mentioned you. he was talking about someone with missing mountains filled with the dam, but didnt mention any names, and he liked it. guess youre world famous now ;)
  • Oh I didn't realize S/he meant the track won't complete, no that one block issue drove me over the edge, spent hours till I finally got it to line up and connect.
    No, that would make me crazy.
  • "Grumpstown;c-1636652" wrote:
    @4junk3000 a german youtuber may have mentioned you. he was talking about someone with missing mountains filled with the dam, but didnt mention any names, and he liked it. guess youre world famous now ;)

Figures that my biggest mistake that ruined my town and has turned me off from playing daily, for the first time in four years, is my claim to fame.

I feel like the man internationally known for stepping in dog poo. Hey! It's HIM! #killmenow
  • "daved7637397;c-1636421" wrote:

Do you have room for one more? I would love to see your work

Yes. Thanks for asking
  • I feel like the man internationally known for stepping in dog poo. Hey! It's HIM! #killmenow

:D
  • in case anyone is interested, here's how i resolved this area in my town.http://imgur.com/cTwo5zL.jpg