Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Mrs. Krabappel in level 22 (spoiler alert)

i'm level 22 and have yet to unlock her, darn, maybe coz of the halloween quests, what's needed for her to appear?
  • nixandarcee wrote:
    i'm level 22 and have yet to unlock her, darn, maybe coz of the halloween quests, what's needed for her to appear?

IIRC, Bart and Lisa had finished their respective jobs and were free at the same time. They chatted about school and then had to go there together.

After they finished that 6-hour quest, Skinner popped up and wondered where the teachers were and Mrs. Krabappel's apartment was available to purchase.

dizneyfan23 wrote:
    How much does her building cost?

$162,000, with the usual 24-hour build time. (But after collecting money for over a day and a half, I used 12 donuts to just get the darn thing built immediately. :P )

FWIW, the apartment gives you $520 rent, every two days. (The first property that requires more than a day to pay off.)

After Mrs. Krabappel finishes teaching classes the first time, her second quest is to teach classes again.

Her third quest is a joint one with Skinner. He goes bird watching (24 hours) while she hosts detention (12 hours).

I suspect all of this work is going to set up a quest where Mrs. Krabappel goes on strike. Bet that's her fourth quest.

• I just got a surprise this morning when Mrs. Krabappel finished her joint quest with Skinner.

She now has a joint quest with Flanders at the Gilded Truffle.

The two-hour task was one of hers from the beginning, but I wonder if Flanders will be able to keep it as part of his list of jobs as well.

(I hope Ned gets a 6-hour task in the future. They are the ones I choose before going to bed.)
  • FreakSpeely77 wrote:
    Having just bought the school bus I obtained Otto. On the character set screen I accidentally hit collect. Edna is still darkened out as I am only Lvl 17. Will this mean, as I have collected on that set, that Edna will not become available to me at a later date?

No, you'll get her.

I've been playing since Willie and Skinner were the only two characters in "school workers" set. Once I got Willie, I scored the bonus for completing the set. The set was still marked as complete when I was still on the quests trying to unlock Mrs. Krabappel.

The same thing happened with the "kids" set. When I got Milhouse, he was the only kid at the time. The "set complete" bonus was received when he was unlocked. Martin unlocked OK when he was added later.

I'd say the game leaves the "set complete" notation so you're not awarded the bonus for completing the set more than once.