Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Mystery jack-o-latern

Been playing this game for years. One thing i've noticed is nothing is random on this game. If we all do our daily challenges and get a mystery box we all seem to get a news van, lard lad, missle....all on the same day. Lol So I'm guessing the mystery jack-o-latern is the same way. In many neighbors towns I'm noticing they have all items from that jack-o-latern clumped together and I'm assuming they got everything until they got what they wanted....the sepulchre. Anyone do the jack-o-latern? What did you get? Anyone do it multiple times? What did you get....in what order did you get them?
  • Ditto @oubouncer I've had a blast running around your town. @Brooklynight why PTSD on the sherry episode? :)
  • Thanks for asking this question, but boo to the new forum that makes finding this post almost impossible unless you just work backwards.

I really want witch Marge. I never grabbed her earlier, but I am terrified of Luann and Kirk mostly because I don't have her character.

I probably spent $50 trying to get Sherry Bobbins. Was she ever offered again for donuts? I want to say I remember that she was, but maybe only once.
  • "xboxbeta;1472302" wrote:
    What is this jack o lantern? I don't see this anywhere.

It's the first item that come up in the Halloween tab. They offer you a chance of one of these items in exchange for 60 donuts (min, 70 donut value)

It offers; Luann skin, Kirk skin, sepulcher, hover copter, donut torture device, nightmare pile, witch Marge and cauldron.

Some have commented in other threads that if you have all of the items, this may not appear. I don't know for a fact but if you have 4, 5 or 6 out of these items it also may not appear. It's hard to offer a chance of two items, at that point you're just buying them each for 60. I have also heard that if people purchased the cauldron by itself last year Witch Marge does not appear in the offer.
  • I bought one and got the sepulcher.
    The only other options for me were Kirk, Luann and the nightmare pile.
  • I was hoping for the sepulchre. I got squirrel Luan. That was a waste of donuts since Luan is already a premium character. Then I got Acorn Kirk. Then I quit.
  • I wanted Witch Marge, but had to buy four. I wasn't very happy at the time, but I didn't come out that bad in the end. I got Squirrel Luann, the Sepulcher, the Nightmare Pile, and Witch Marge in that order.

Of the four, the only I didn't have any interest in was Squirrel Luann, but it ended up being a good quest line.
  • "alapalme;1470030" wrote:
    "One thing i've noticed is nothing is random on this game"

Ohhhh the unspeakable Easter event. Where I wasted sooo many donuts trying to get one item (I can't even remember, I just remember it involved buying some red and blue things and then hoping). Never did get it.... whatever it was. That one was most definitely random, and it caused alot of complaining.

I'm still super irritated every time I see a Johnny Fiesta's in a neighbor's town. And as for Sherry Bobbins..... I can't even talk about it!