Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Neighbor visit hoarding?

Only thing I'm doing to prepare is having 5 felons at 1 heart each. 3 down?, 1 1/2 to go.

I do all neighbors at 8am regardless of event or day. Haven't had FP's for over a month.
    barryriddl474
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I've gotten the donuts thrice so far, and will probably get another chance before issue 2 starts (EA is being quite generous with this event). I'll most likely be visiting neighbors today who still haven't hit 18500 for Clownface.
  • I don't see a need for any type of hoarding with this event. It has been so easy to earn CRs.

I visit everyday and hope my neighbors will do the same. I'll earn more from them visiting me than I will earn visiting them.
  • Just did my round visits to neighbors under 18500 (just to help them, hope they make it) :P
    Hoarding 4 criminals with 1 heart left
  • Pinpal00 wrote:
    A few people have reported being able to do neighbor visits twice on the first day of issue one. (And a couple of my neighbors clearly visited twice the first day.) I was able to do neighbor visits twice on the first day of each of the Halloween 2014 phases, but I was unprepared for this event.

I won't pretend to know how it works, but here's what I'm doing: neighbor visits in a few hours; tomorrow, as soon as I can after the update hits, I'll try to do neighbor visits; when my neighbor visits are scheduled to hit a few hours later, I'll see if I can do a second round. (The idea is the update resets the clock which is reset again when visits are ordinarily scheduled.)

That's how it worked for me during Halloween, but I have no idea if it'll work for this event. Perhaps people who were able to do neighbor visits twice on the first day of issue one can let us know what they did the day before the update hit.

I was able to visit twice on the first day of this event and I'm pretty sure I understand why. Time creep had put my scheduled neighbor visits at about 7pm on the day the event hit. When I was prompted to visit neighbors and report crimes I went to see if I could do anything. Since I wasn't due to visit neighbors for several more hours I wasn't able to tap criminals (it had registered my visits from the day before as having already tapped them all) but since tapping the phones was something new none of them had been counted yet and I was able to tap three phones in each town. When I did the counter showed up and had about 7 1/2 hours on it. The correct amount of time until my regularly scheduled neighbor visits. Since we have six things we can tap in each town and I had only tapped on three the day before it counted it similar to if I had gone and only tapped one house on a normal day and then came back with a few hours left and tapped everything else I could.

The only thing that reset weird was Other Springfield which totally reset and let me tap all six. So I think that was a little glitch but the rest made sense.
  • I can see the greed angle but why continue to accumulate more old currency after your last bonus is earned when you don't have to especially now that it has been claimed that if you haven't earned the Issue 1 prizes you won't be able to earn any more rods? As much as my 12 rods might help it won't put a lot of neighbors over the top...
  • theslayer369 wrote:
    Sorry for being stupid, but what do you mean by hoarding neighbour visits, I tap every morning regardless of events or not. so Whats the difference?

You're not stupid, grasshopper, just inexperienced in the ways of Tap Fu. ;-)

What they're talkin about here is that since it is so close to the start of Issue 2, instead of tapping open neighbors now, they wait until Issue 2 starts so that when they tap their neighbors all the rewards will be in the Issue 2 currency (Pie Bombs rather than Issue 1 currency, Carbon Rods). This is because they've already gotten all 3 Carbon Rod -based prizes from Issue 1 and don't really need to collect CR any more. And by waiting until the start of I2 to tap neighbors, they get to start off this portion of the event with a bounty of I2 currency to get them to their prizes that much faster than if they had to wait an additional 24 hours before tapping neighbors.

The same logic is applicable to the issue of "hoarding felons" ... they simply mean don't kill felons while still in Issue 1 because they don't need carbon rods. Wait until I2 starts so that killing felons will reward them with Pie Bombs.

Good Luck!
  • I got my final bonus a lot earlier than expect so I stopped tapping six hours ago.

Right off the bat when Issue 2 starts I have a full town of criminals, a convict ready to be released, one already done fighting just waiting to be cleared, and Homer on a currency earning task plus my neighbor visits. It wasn't hoarding I just fell asleep and didn't see the point in clearing the town yet.